cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcspkd
New member
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 14
8,322
Flag Post

HP z640 Workstation and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Card

HP Recommended
Z640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Team,

 

I want to buy a GTX 1080 card for my Z640 workstation. I coundnot find any information on the hardware compatibility between the workstation and the graphics card.

 

Can anyone help me on this?

 

13 REPLIES 13
GPU-2
Level 7
740 739 90 159
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI.

 

The graphic you are trying to install is not compatible with your computer.

 

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
0 Kudos
MtothaJ
Level 6
333 322 20 104
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@GPU-2 wrote:

HI.

 

The graphic you are trying to install is not compatible with your computer.

 

Regards.


 

And why is it not compatible?

0 Kudos
MtothaJ
Level 6
333 322 20 104
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kcspkd wrote:

Hi Team,

 

I want to buy a GTX 1080 card for my Z640 workstation. I coundnot find any information on the hardware compatibility between the workstation and the graphics card.

 

Can anyone help me on this?

 


There is no reason why it would not work. The two things you should check is:

i) physical size - graphics cards come in different sizes, both legth, width and height wise, obviously you need to make sure there is space in the case for the card to fit

ii) power requirements - make sure you have enough power and appropriate connections.

 

I am using a GTX1070 G1 Gaming in a Z420 with the 600W PSU and it is working fine.

GPU-2
Level 7
740 739 90 159
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MtothaJ wrote:

@GPU-2 wrote:

HI.

 

The graphic you are trying to install is not compatible with your computer.

 

Regards.


 

And why is it not compatible?


You should know, follow your recommendations and comment later, hope you have luck.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
0 Kudos
MtothaJ
Level 6
333 322 20 104
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@GPU-2 wrote:

@MtothaJ wrote:

@GPU-2 wrote:

HI.

 

The graphic you are trying to install is not compatible with your computer.

 

Regards.


 

And why is it not compatible?


You should know, follow your recommendations and comment later, hope you have luck.


I do know, its just a shame you don't and are misleading other members with your negative value posts.

 

GTX 1080 +400 USD upgrade option:

https://zworkstations.com/products/z640/

GPU-2
Level 7
740 739 90 159
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MtothaJ wrote:

@GPU-2 wrote:

@MtothaJ wrote:

@GPU-2 wrote:

HI.

 

The graphic you are trying to install is not compatible with your computer.

 

Regards.


 

And why is it not compatible?


You should know, follow your recommendations and comment later, hope you have luck.


I do know, its just a shame you don't and are misleading other members with your negative value posts.

 

GTX 1080 +400 USD upgrade option:

https://zworkstations.com/products/z640/


Friend I said that it is not compatible, if you have made it work, I do not say otherwise ... I only said to do the test.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
0 Kudos
Z440Roger
Level 5
161 157 12 46
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I want to buy a GTX 1080 card for my Z640 workstation.

 

kcspkd, you can install and use a GTX card such as the GTX 1080 in your Z640 without any problems. GTX cards work as a charm in any Z4xx/Z6xx/Z8xx workstation. I have a GTX 760Ti in a Z800 and a GTX Titan X Pascal in a Z440.

iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Z440Roger wrote:

I want to buy a GTX 1080 card for my Z640 workstation.

 

kcspkd, you can install and use a GTX card such as the GTX 1080 in your Z640 without any problems. GTX cards work as a charm in any Z4xx/Z6xx/Z8xx workstation. I have a GTX 760Ti in a Z800 and a GTX Titan X Pascal in a Z440.


This.

 

They are not supported becase we do not test them in our workstions, but they work fine.

However, you cannot SLi GForce cards in Workstations so you will be stuck with a single card.

 

(Ok, you can installed more than one card and have multimonitors but they will not SLi.)

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
Fandel
New member
2 2 0 1
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a Z620 with a GTx 1080 and when I play BattleField it gets crap FPS.  If you look at thsi site they saying this shoudl work fine.  Why is this thing not using my of my GPU and pumping out more FPS.  The CPU does not look like i tis holding anything back. 

 

https://zworkstations.com/products/z620/

 

70% CPU

30-40 % of GPU 

20% Mem use

 

FPS end up at 40-60 in game all drives clean installed nothing running in background

 

I have done all the different BF Setting 

Enable performance

Sync off

Change Med HIgh Ultra

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation