Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello All,

Currently we are using  HP Z820 Workstations for our HPC cluster. It uses  MT27500 Family [ConnectX-3] for infiniband. 

As part of cluster refresh, we are planning to upgrade HP Z820 workstations to HP z8 workstations. For Infiniband adopters, I am checking on NVidia  CONNECTX-5 VPI. 

I would like to understand the compatibility of  CONNECTX-5 VPI with Z8 workstations and what factors to consider when we choose it.

I appreciate any help regarding this.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

start by reading the nvidia documentation on the adapters

then , determine what configuration and features you want/need from the adapters

next determine if the current planed hardware config of the z8 workstation allows the physical addition of this card

if so then check if the nvidia card is compatible with your current network hardware

if so check that the card's driver exists for your OS, and works with your current network applications

you have quite a bit of work to do, i recommend you consult a person/company that does hardware consulting as this may be the best solution to make sure your setup achieves what you now need, and may need in the future

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.