Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
T530
Other

Good day !

I saw here that a new version was released HPDM 5.0

I made the installation and I did not have any questions, but there is a module which is very interesting to me HPDM Console Web Bridge.

I can not access the web page because I can not reset or get a password from the entrance, I tried the password from Root, but it doesn’t fit, the manual doesn’t say where to get the password.
Please tell me how to get / reset the password from the  HPDM Console Web Bridge
1.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Good catch - this was actually a known issue and should be fixed as soon as possible.

I will let r&d know that there are 'comments' in the forum already. Thanks Apaloka

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Good question .. to access HPDM Console, you have to add /hpdm in the end of your URL.

For instance: http://mytestserver/hpdm

The page you're posting is used to manage the HPDM Console Web Server. You can monitor the performance of this web server after login - this has different password than HPDM Console.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

Chen, I think the default user/pass should be changed for the monitor webpage, it's very easy to find via logs and there is no emphasis to the user to change it.

HP Recommended

Good day!
At the moment I see three consoles:

HPDM Device Manager Console - Password I can reset to HPDM Configuration Center

Web Console  ex. https://srv-hpdm/hpdm - Where I do not know how to get or reset the password

Web Bridge     ex. https://srv-hpdm:8483  - Where I do not know how to get or reset the password

Tell me how can I get passwords from web consoles?

HP Recommended

/hpdm is the web console where you access the HP Device Manager console over a browser. It uses the same authentication you use on the 'old' client. 

HP Recommended

Good catch - this was actually a known issue and should be fixed as soon as possible.

I will let r&d know that there are 'comments' in the forum already. Thanks Apaloka

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

ell me, I don’t really understand what an "old" client means. I used a clean install. The password that I enter to log in to the console is not suitable for access to the web

HP Recommended

I googled again and our full product management manual, before that, I somehow got rid of the shortened version. The manual says that to get to the Web you need to go to the address.  https://srv-hpdm:8443/hpdm/ 

Thanks for the help! The topic can be closed

HP Recommended

HI Gruvz,

I have some question upgrading to new released HPDM 5.0.

Currently i have HPDM 4.7 SP10 version installed in my environment it works good and i just saw that there is new released 5.0 with new features, components  and GUI it looks completely different and cool.

My question is moving to 5.0 better option and what are the challenges and problems.

My setup is like i have one main virtual server, for the purpose of single point of management of all sites (all HPDM components are installed) and many other physical server locally installed (With all HPDM components ) and these physical servers are like child servers added to main virtual server repository list for the synchronization with main server repository. 

I have FTP ad shared folder Protocols for repository management , so in the new version i don't need to install component : HPDM HTTPS Respository and rest of all components i need .

Is it good to go for HPDM 5.0 ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.