Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
T630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone,

When a task is sent to one of our T630 thin clients (the only model we own), it takes a long time to execute.

As example here is a task log to disable the write filter.

2019-10-04 12:23:51 Successfully sent task to the HPDM Gateway

2019-10-04 12:23:54 Task has been retrieved by the Agent.

2019-10-04 12:28:01 Successfully configured BootCommand to "disable".

2019-10-04 12:28:01 Successfully configured WFType to "".

2019-10-04 12:28:01 Successfully executed ConfigWriteFilter task.

2019-10-04 12:28:01 Successfully executed common task.

After the task has been retrieved by the agent it seems to do nothing for a few minutes (12:23:54), sometimes it even takes longer. This is holds true for all the tasks sent with HPDM. A sequence with a lot of simple tasks takes hours to finish due to this.

This happened on the 4.7 version with different service packs, and still happens with the new 5.0 version. I am guessing this is not normal behavior.

Does anybody have any idea how to start troubleshooting this?

Greetings,

Harm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply Juan.

Today 10 T640 models arrived, and surprise surprise, they are super fast and do not idle at all.

For example; instead of 6 minutes, removing or adding the write filter only takes 1.

Maybe some weird bug in the 2016 t630 OS? Anyway we decided not to troubleshoot it as we are going to deploy the new model now.

Greetings,

Harm

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

bump

HP Recommended

Hello

Please allow me to ask for some extra information?

Are the Thin Clients and the HPDM server in the same subnet?
Is the HPDM agent up to date? What about the Gateway, is it all in the same box or do you have separate Gateways?

What type of task is this and for what OS?

How about telling us what the Thin Client is doing during that time, is it just hold on a screen?

Can you replicate this issue with Get Asset tasks?

I can not provide any other advise as your environment is unknown to me. However if you would like to get this case handled by HP I suggest to contact their support line.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply Juan.

Today 10 T640 models arrived, and surprise surprise, they are super fast and do not idle at all.

For example; instead of 6 minutes, removing or adding the write filter only takes 1.

Maybe some weird bug in the 2016 t630 OS? Anyway we decided not to troubleshoot it as we are going to deploy the new model now.

Greetings,

Harm

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.