Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
t620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After updating to HPDM 5.0.1 in properties of thin clients in WES7P-64 system some points were gone.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Properties of thin clients in WESP system looks like this

Screenshot_2.jpg

How to return missing fields?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From the log file, I confirmed that after one error during database upgrading some base templates were not popped as expected.  To solve this you have 3 options:

1. Rollback to version 5.0 and then install 5.0.1 on again if you have a snapshot.  The main purpose is to roll back the database.

2. Re-create a new database.  Before that please export all custom templates, and ensure you can discover all units.

3. Use the HPDM Backup & Restore Tool to backup the database, contact HP support and send us the backup.  We can fix that for you.

And below is the error lead to this issue for your information:

2019-12-05 11:43:57 [main ] WARN HibernateDBObject - when executing "INSERT INTO dm_basic_template (os_type, template_name, category, action_type) values ('HPWES7_64', '_Get Registry', 'File and Registry', '4009');"
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.
2019-12-05 11:43:57 [main ] DEBUG HibernateDBObject - org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

It looks like the above screenshot is from the context menu for the "Unidentified" OS.  Can you please check the OS family drop list on the upper left?  When devices report themselves in with a no longer supported OS family, they go to the "Unidentified" OS.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

I checked. OS family - WES7P-64

HP Recommended

Then it should be the case that your devices have a too old HPDM Agent installed.  For those with HPDM Agent lower than 4.7, functions are limited.  Please use the _Update Agent task to bring them back to full functioning.  

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

Nothing has changed

Screenshot_1.jpg

HP Recommended

Have you tried restarting the server?  You can restart Server and check the OS  family again.

I am an HPI Employee.
**Click the Thumbs Up Button below to say Thanks**

HP Recommended

Again no change

HP Recommended

Is there anything wrong with the template in the template page? This problem is more complicated, I suggest you propose an SI.

I am an HPI Employee.

HP Recommended

In the template page (WES7P-64) I have only 9 base tamplate

Screenshot_1.jpg

HP Recommended

I see that the number of your base templates is small, not the correct one. You need to check the privilege of the current user. Switch to the "User & Groups" page, right-click the user and select "Edit User". Click "View template privileges" and switch OS Family to WES7P-64. Please confirm whether the user has other base template privileges.image.png

I am an HPI Employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.