Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toddchambers
Just joined
4 3 0 1
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

Hp Elite 8300 Ultra-Slim 4 beep error, power supply?

HP Recommended

I have 5 HP Elite 8300 ultra slim's that all have the same error,  as soom as the power button is pressed it beeps 4 times and flashes red 4 times.
Any help?

11 REPLIES 11
Bright3
Level 4
142 142 2 35
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello there, look like your power supply is bad, check the cables inside you desktop if all are connected from the power supply, if it the same, replace your power supply, you can check this:

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Toddchambers
Author
Just joined
4 3 0 1
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Only issue is that it uses an external power supply, using one of HP's laptop adapters.
Bright3
Level 4
142 142 2 35
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok, you will need to open the case on your desktop and check the power supply inside your desktop and cables make sure everything is connected,it will look like a square box inside the desktop.

Toddchambers
Author
Just joined
4 3 0 1
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JRKBhDhRJg&feature=youtu.be
I haven't explained it well enough, their isn't a PSU inside the computer. it uses a brick and everything else is integrated
Toddchambers
Author
Just joined
4 3 0 1
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
http://tinypic.com/r/2qxufkh/8
and a picture of the inside
Bright3
Level 4
142 142 2 35
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok, try going to the bios power pc press f10 to enter bios, goto apply defaults, press f10 to save and exit bios.

robinraju
Level 3
42 42 2 3
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

4 beeps is usually issue with power. Make sure you are using the right adaptor too. This unit uses a 180W or a 135W adaptor. If you use a lower Wattage adaptor (that of a laptop), it will beep 4 times.

Regards,
RobY

I am an HP employee... I don't speak for HP.
afsal_aboo
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

i facing this related issue. the PC which i have issue 4 beep with no display. once i removed GFX card disaply wotking, but with GFX card issue facing, i swap mother board and GFX crad., issue persists also i am useing HP adapter adapter 135W. 

i have no adapter for swap. 

is adapter  cause this issue? 

tgatlinpcs
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have 4 of these also. I have purchased new HP power supply and this issue still persist. Was this problem ever resolved?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation