Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z2 mini workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to install an extra SSD to my Z2 mini workstation. This requires 4 special screws (PartNumber: 482291-001).

By contacting HP Customer service in Canada, they only find the part number for me.

I cannot find the supplier of this screw and my ssd is taped on the case right now.

If anyone knows how to get this in Canada, it will be a great help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I answered a question on exactly this same issue a few days back.... did you use the search function of this forum and find that and read it?  It tells you how to get those for free.

You don't actually need those screws for a SSD, which does not move.  A 2.5" HDD would.

I'd just use 4 "industrial strength" velcro tabs.... one at each corner, and be done with it forever.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ClarkCCS

Edited.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply,

I have one M.2 SSD installed on PCIe slot.

My 2.5in hard drive cage is empty with no "four wide head torx 15 screws".

HP Recommended

I answered a question on exactly this same issue a few days back.... did you use the search function of this forum and find that and read it?  It tells you how to get those for free.

You don't actually need those screws for a SSD, which does not move.  A 2.5" HDD would.

I'd just use 4 "industrial strength" velcro tabs.... one at each corner, and be done with it forever.

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying my qustion again. I did not get the answer I wanted so I post this one, sorry.

I contacted HP customer service they didn not give it to me for free, maybe because I am in Canada. In addition I contacted some suppliers, they all responsed there is no inventory for this screws. There seems to be no way to get these screws. I do not like it but I will accept it.

At present, my hard drive is taped with electrical tape 1700.  Similar solution with hook loop tap.

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.