Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Any solution for this problem?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Is it your cell phone?  A Mac?  A HP computer?  Your Game Boy?

If, for example, it was a HP Z620 computer I'd do a google search for "Z620 Maintenance and Service Guide". and find this:

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c03424977-1.pdf

Once I downloaded that I'd search for "beep" in that manual.... and do my homework.

HP Recommended

I see from your other thread that you are having this issue with a Z840, and that you're tried all the other steps but replacing your motherboard, which is not a small inexpensive step.  

At this point I would get a known-good video card in place, remove the motherboard CMOS battery, do the advanced steps of resetting CMOS to factory defaults, remove all but one stick of RAM in slot 1,  and try to boot again.  Wish you the best.....

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion SDH. I will attempt that in the morning and update you

Kindest Regards,

Ice 

HP Recommended

I'm wondering if the "OP" also enabled the bios's "Compute" option on the pci-e slot(s) which will also cause a 6 beep error

HP Recommended

No success...

HP Recommended

Not sure what's the "OP"?

HP Recommended

OP = original poster

I'm hoping your Z840 is still covered by warranty.  May need a motherboard replacement, sorry to say.  Ow.

HP Recommended

I don't... It was working fine, I just change the BIOS setting to turn off legacy boot and that's when I've been unable to get it to post.

HP Recommended

turning off legacy support is not a good idea on a system that already has a installed OS as it can prevent a system from booting

i recommend you install a different video card model that  is a current model (less than 2 year old) and if possible that does not require a GPU AUX power connector (no 6/8 pin connector on card)

NVidia GPUs of the 7xx Series and AMD 4xx Series or newer should support UEFI boot out of the box. Some older cards(i.e. GTX670) had enough ROM space and got updates to an UEFI compatible BIOS and they may not work if their bios has not been updated

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04823811

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.