Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi SDH,
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I read everything I could find on the forums regarding this issue. There is one thing I don't understand, though: Would "standard" 6-pin to 8-pin, or 6-pin to 6-pin+8-pin adaptors work? Or do I need to get the specific HP parts? These are crazy expensive, from what I see.

I am thinking of going with the 1660 Ti, which has an 8-pin connector but only 120 W TDP. Would an adaptor like this one work?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-pack-10cm-PCI-Express-PCIe-6-Pin-to-8-Pin-Graphics-Card-Power-Adapter-C...

HP Recommended

My RTX 2070 is a short-length edition card, which with only one 8pin power socket(Supplementary Power Connectors).

http://www.inno3d.com/products_detail.php?refid=397

So I used a  6pin to 8pin adapter cable. It has been working fine for 6 months.

In my opinion, It's should be OK with other RTX2070 editions with double power sockets (6pin and 8pin commonly?), using one 6pin to double 6+2pin adapter cable (see image below), as SDH said. There is no RTX2070 card needing a power assumption of more than 291W(75W+216W).

$_57.jpg

PS: Now the best cost-performance trade-off choice is RTX 2060 Super (RTX2060s).

HP Recommended

Thanks for the clarification. So standard adapters should work just fine, since power consumption of these cards is relatively low. 
Budget wise, I am closer to the 1660 Ti, or maybe the 2060 6GB if I stretch it a bit. 

HP Recommended

HP engineers would know best about wiring for maximum wattage through their non-ATX use of the 6-wire cable(s) carrying more than usual wattage from the HP power supply to a video card having an 8-pin adapter built in.  As such it is ideal to use the 6-to-8 wire adapter they made.  These are somewhat hard to find and not cheap.  My advice on this is to get one of those if possible, and to get a brand name adapter that has as many of the pins populated as possible such as from StarTech.  Here are some of the HP part numbers for the 6-to-8 adapter:

Older HP version:  460621-002

Newer HP version:  683867-001

N1G35AA

Take a look at the HP ones above via Google and note they have most of their lines populated.  Some no-name junkers have few wires.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.