Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Prodesk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have this issue as stated above in one of the HP Prodesk computers within my organization. The computer was working fine until couple of months ago, this issue happened.

Everytime the user wants to login into his user account, he is redirected to a temporary user profile and is asked to sign out and sign in again. Even the administrator account on that computer is the same.

I searched the internet to look for a solution to this issue but to no avail.

Even when I wanted to boot from the DVD drive using a bootable CD, after changing the boot options in BIOS, I was not able to.

Is there any one with a solution to this issue? Please help me resolve this issue.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

quickest fix may be to just rename the existing profile and recreate the user profile and then move over his data from the old profile to the new one

HP Recommended

Thank you Sir.

I've done that by renaming the profile. I even accessed the registry and did the same in the registry but still this did not resolve my issue. I ended up with the same.

I also did a deep virus scan using bitdefender rescue cd to see if virus infection was cause and sure enough, the computer was infected, hence the issue.

So what I did after doing all the solutions internet can give through google search, I decided to restore the computer back to factory settings. But before that I copied out all the working files into an external HDD and then I did a factory reset and this resolved my issue.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

yep if a new profile has the same issues then the issue would most likely be on the client system glad you resolved it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.