Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-23-2020 11:28 AM
Product: Example: PavilION CS3006TX
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I BOUGHT THE LAPTOP A MONTH AGO. IT HAS STICKER ON SAYS THAT IT INCLUDES OFFICE HOME& STUDENT DON'T FORGET TO ACTIVATE. BUT WE I OPEN ANY OFFICE WORD IT SAYS NOT ACITVATED. WE I TRY TO ACTIVATE IT ASKS FOR PRODUCT KEY OR 30 DAYS FREE TRIAL. IT HOULD NOT BE HAPPENING. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG. PLEASE HELP ME ACTIVATE THE OFFICE.
1 REPLY 1
07-23-2020 12:20 PM
The Specifications indicate the software is included - it does Not say the software includes a license key.
Software - Productivity & finance
Microsoft® Office Home & Student 2019
Another source indicates that a Trial version of Office 365 might be included (possibly a newer document for the product description).
|Software - Productivity & Finance||1 month trial for new Microsoft Office 365 customers|
Regardless, there is nothing our Community can do - we have absolutely no visibility into Sales.
If you don't have a license key that was either provided to you when you purchased the computer - or a license key from Microsoft for having purchased the Office Software, the software is not going to activate. You have to have a license to activate any recent version of Microsoft Office.
If you are convinced that you purchased Office with the computer, please contact HP Support.
HP Support cannot likely provide you with a key "after the fact" - but the representative can clarify what should have been included with your purchase.
HP Technical Support – Contact Information
Submit information / case online
Sign in or continue as a guest
Reminder: HP Phone numbers you find on the Internet have likely been hijacked.
Many roads lead to HP Support.
Settings > System > About > (Support) Online support > Contact an HP Agent
Open website HP World-Wide Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
USA / Canada
Option - HP Support is on Facebook!
READ – Be Informed – Be Aware
HP Support does not publicly post contact numbers. Please submit your case online
- Provide required Information > Explain the problem > Submit the case
- After the case is submitted, Contact information for your area will be displayed on your screen
- Reminder: Wait times can be long – HP Response centers are very busy.
- Use Device Serial Number to submit the case (do not post private information on the Community).
- Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.
- HP will advise you when there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty. This is normal business practice.
- HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty. This is normal business practice. Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by contract package.
- HP websites are the only sites allowed to use the HP copyright ® circle/logo. Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo. Still in doubt? Stay away from the site.
Warranty Check / Product Registration
- Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards
- Check the Warranty on your product
NOTE: If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to
check single or multiple devices.
- If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
- Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
- Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
- Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
- Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
- When the page opens, Click View Details
NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.
Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.
- If necessary, select your Region / Country: Scroll to bottom of page and click the Flag
- HP Computers and Printers - How to Submit a Dispute to Validate Your Warranty
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
Thank you for participating in our HP Community.
We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology
Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.
Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community