Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 705 G1 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Serial no: [edited]

Warranty Until March 2019

PC suddenly stops working, user can restart it afterward. 

Behaviour is happening randomly.

I already did a Chechdisk, a memory check, CPU check and a BIOS upgrade.

My opinion is a failure of the main board.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query!

I would suggest run diagnostic test on the HDD in bios and check for any failure id. Also keep the system under observation in bios mode. If any failure id is generated for HDD test, replace the HDD. If the system shuts down in bios mode as well, it might be an issue with system board.

Hope this helps.

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Does it shutdown /restart in the BIOS screen if yes its most likely to be a hardware issue also You can try running UEFI diagnostics in the BIOS to determine which component is failing.

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

I am an Hp employee
HP Recommended

Hello

Thank you for the reply.

I already did a full hardware diagnostics via the tool, but all results came out positive.

The system keeps shutting down suddeny while working. Sometimes when using Word, sometimes while working in a web browser,…  

It never happens at startup or in the BIOS.

It also doesn’t happen every day. Can it be the main board?

The warranty of this machine will end soon so it’s important that we have a solution for this problem before warranty ends.

Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

Maybe the cpu is overheating.Check the fans and cooling fins for blockage.Hope this will help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.