Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z440
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Until recently my HP Z440 Workstation used to go asleep after a while, and the monitors would close down too, and a Blue light on the Power Switch would start Flashing. When I hit Any key on the HP keyboard, everything would re-activate, But recently I have noticed that if I leave the Workstation for several hours , the Poer Switch Blue light remains solid ( does not flash ) and the monitors do not close down  ?

What can I do to get the Workstation and monitors to go asleep, as they used to /

Kind Regards,

Paul

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You've got W10, which likes to "upgrade" your drivers as a favor to you.  Sometimes this breaks things.  I've found that my nVidia video cards virtually always have more recent drivers via the nVidia web site versus Microsoft Update.

I try to stay ahead of W10 by checking for nVidia new drivers for my Quadro cards every few months.  The auto-updates from W10 have intermittently broken my sleep functionality in the past; my upgrade to the latest directly from nVidia has fixed the issue, sometimes.

FWIW:  I choose "custom" during my nVidia driver upgrading, and also choose "Clean Install".  I uncheck from bottom up for the options, and leave the top Driver as the single checked item I install on these upgrades.  Have been doing this method for years.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have tried to locate the "Check for Updates" in the NVIDIA Control Panel, and I cant seem to find it ? I have Right Clicked the NVIDIA Icon in the System Tray, and the Updates is not mentioned anywhere. I have also then Clicked on Help in the  NVIDIA Control Panel, but again Update is not shown/mentioned.

The version of my NVIDIA Quadro P2000 is 411.95. 

I am using W10 Professional.

*I notice that there is a pending Windows 10 Update available for Version 1903 x64-based systems ( KB4497165 ), which is ready to download/install, but I am not sure if I should do this manually or let the computer do it automatically ?

HP Recommended

You're quite a ways away from where you need to be.  The latest W10 drivers for the Quadro P2000 is 451.48, released 2020.6.24.

Here is the path:  Google nVidia drivers/ go to the top result/ you'll use mostly defaults here... Product Type is Quadro, Product Series is Quadro Series, product is Quadro P2000, you'll be using W10 64-bit, and Standard as your driver type.  Use ODE as the download type and English/ click on Search/ click on Download.

These are later than what MS offers through Windows Update.  I have had the MS auto-install of nVidia drivers bork builds... never have had this approach do that.

HP Recommended

Thanks for this information., and yes it does look miles away...

I have checked for the latest version for my NVIDIA P2000 through Device Manager ( check for latest driver ), and it comes back with you have the latest version ( 411.95 ) ? Can't qiuite understand why the latest version is not shown here ?

I downloaded the latest Windows version yesterday, and interesting results:- 

*If I have Only the desktop showing on my screens, the Z440 goes to sleep after a while, and the monitors also does to sleep, and wake up after hitting any keyboard key.

*If I have any application Open / on my Screen, the Workstation and Monitors does not go to sleep / close down.

I will monitor this over the next few days.

HP Recommended

I have now downloaded the latest update from Windows and downloaded the latest Driver for my Quadro P2000 ( the 451.48 version), but tthe same problem persists ( the Z440 Workstation and my Monitors do not go to sleep...!

* I spotted on a Google search that disabling the 'USB Selective Suspend Setting' may help ? I have not tried this yet, and unsure about disabling it ?

*Is this a problem that has occurred with a Windows Update, and if it is, will Windows send out a Fix for this ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.