Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z 820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hİ all,

for  a week,

My HP Z 820 does not recognize the drives I connected to it.

So I tried to reinstall Sp74449.exe.

But this time it gives fatal error during installation.

the screenshots are below.

1.png2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

the intel 4.6..0.1085  RSTe is the latest/last revision to have z820 c602 chipset support, this driver is win 10 compatible and has better SSD support

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MOTHERBOARD/Intel/Intel-RSTe-AHCI-RAID-Driver-4-6-0-1085.shtml

regarding the PCI-E missing Com3 serial device error, rather than loading the Intel remote Mgmt access software which has known security issues and is pointless in a non domain/corporate environment, simply enter the z820 bios and under the "SECURITY" section DISABLE THE "AMT" doing so will remove the need for the virtual comm-3 pci-e driver

also note that the "AMT" password is not resettable through the bios, if you set this password and forget it you're screwed!!! as there is no way to reset or recover this password (a bios reset will not work) so if you do configure  "AMT" tape the password to the inside case cover!!!!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @terekeme,

Try this driver pack : https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-z820-workstation/5225041/swItemId/vc-2...

You will run the executable sp99374.exe, which decompresses files in c:\swsetup\sp99374.

In the manager of the peripherals, right click on each peripheral in yellow, update the driver, choose from your computer, and put as path "c:\swsetup\sp99374", by clicking "search in the sub-directories".

PCI serial port : An added card ?

No driver provided with your USB Data Traveler?

HP Recommended

I did fresh install of Operating system.

after finishing OS setup.

for serial port warnings

I run sp74499.exe and completed  it. when you click on it , it opens folder on c drive called swsetup folder. it this folder you should run the .exe over there. this sets up intel management technology.

for sas warnings

RSTe_4.3.0.1198_Install.exe 

Just I run the program "RSTe_4.3.0.1198_Install.exe " and the problem got disappeared..

When you set up fresh copy, at the begining, disk drives are not seen. to solve this problem it is asking you to load correct drivers.

at this point;

you put "64bit_RSTe_4.3.0.1198_F6_Drivers" folder into usb. then  you choose sata folder and then you choose  "RSTe_f6_iaStorA_win8_win10_64 " folder.

then  disk drives becomes visible..

HP Recommended

the intel 4.6..0.1085  RSTe is the latest/last revision to have z820 c602 chipset support, this driver is win 10 compatible and has better SSD support

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MOTHERBOARD/Intel/Intel-RSTe-AHCI-RAID-Driver-4-6-0-1085.shtml

regarding the PCI-E missing Com3 serial device error, rather than loading the Intel remote Mgmt access software which has known security issues and is pointless in a non domain/corporate environment, simply enter the z820 bios and under the "SECURITY" section DISABLE THE "AMT" doing so will remove the need for the virtual comm-3 pci-e driver

also note that the "AMT" password is not resettable through the bios, if you set this password and forget it you're screwed!!! as there is no way to reset or recover this password (a bios reset will not work) so if you do configure  "AMT" tape the password to the inside case cover!!!!!

HP Recommended

Dgroves,

thank you so much for informing ..

it was very helpful..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.