Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
thin-client t620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys,

I have HP thin-client model T620 windows 10 installed. I would like to shrink the volum of C drive and create a seperate swap partion but i am unable to to create and following error pops up:

Capture.PNG

Is it possible to shrink the drive volum in thin-client, if not then what is the reason ?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@sshami

You can get an ISO file from here: http://downloads.tomsguide.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Bootable-CD,0301-51034.html

Once you have this, you have a choice of media to create:
1) If you can boot from CD, download and install ImgBurn and use the Write Image to Disk option to create a bootable CD.
2) If you can boot from USB, download and install RUFUS and use the option to create a bootable USB stick from the ISO file.

Boot your PC with the media you created. You should now be able to do partition changes without problems.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@sshami

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

First off, swap partitions have historically been used by Linix distros, not Windows.

Second, you can't shrink the C: volume while the OS is running because it is using it.  You need to boot from a partitioning tool in  order to do this.  Here is a link to download creatable media for such a tool:  https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

HP Recommended

Hi Wawood,

Thanks for the clarification, the tool partiion wizard, it means that tool plug-in to client and boot from the partitionaing tool. So because of only one drive which is C, so we cant do it from the OS because system is using it.

Thanks 

sshami

HP Recommended

@sshami

You can get an ISO file from here: http://downloads.tomsguide.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Bootable-CD,0301-51034.html

Once you have this, you have a choice of media to create:
1) If you can boot from CD, download and install ImgBurn and use the Write Image to Disk option to create a bootable CD.
2) If you can boot from USB, download and install RUFUS and use the option to create a bootable USB stick from the ISO file.

Boot your PC with the media you created. You should now be able to do partition changes without problems.

Good Luck

HP Recommended

Hi wawood,

Thnaks for the information, by the way i already did the same thing what did you mentioned!

Now i am able to create one more drive whcih is called D in thin-client, actually i have created for pagefile configuration becuase C drive is protected with write filter and it doesn't work with while write filter enabled. Now created pagefile in newely created D drive and it works good. What's your opinion on this ?

Best Regards

HP Recommended

Have you ever tried to shrink C and create a swap partition with CMD?

HP Recommended

In our case there is only drive C when system is running os is using, so we can't schrink grpahically or cmd. we did by partioning tool while clienet booting. 

HP Recommended

Hi wawood,

I have question, If system has 4GB physical RAM and configured with 1024 UWF RAM, what is the maximum uptime ?

Because somewhere i have read that without regular reboot when UWF is on, there is limit of uptime. Is thiis really case?

Now i have created page file in D, what is the best memory management if having 2 drives one C drive is 22 GB and D drive is around 8 gb and this drive pagafile is configured range from 4 gb to 6 gb.

Thanks in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.