Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z2 Mini G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to check if the HP Z2 Mini G4 would support the new 32GB RAM modules on the market. 

URL: https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/insights/news-events/the-industrys-first-32gb-ddr4-sodimm/

I know that the datasheet says that a max of 2X16GB is supported.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

the HP spec sheet lists all known tested HP and approved modules for your model if you try a module that is not listed then you are own your own and it may or may not work and if it does work,... it may not work correctly

HP Recommended

The processor says it will support 64GB. Does the motherboard?

HP Recommended

one last time,....read the "HP Z2 Mini G4 quickspec" sheet for this model!!  spend the 10 min to read the specs and you will have your answer

HP Recommended

I have read all the data sheets. I was wondering  someone may have found a hack.

HP Recommended

to put it bluntly,... your refusal to read the information HP has taken the time to produce which plainly answers your supported memory question baffles me,...oh well to each their own

HP Recommended

I have read all the information that HP provided. My understanding is that these forums are for the purpose of discussing matters not covered in the literature.

HP Recommended

then maybe you should actually look at the HP "quickspecs"  instead of chipset makers data sheets!!!!

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c06095844#AbT4

also going to a memory seller and using their online memory compatability checker/selection program could have answered your basic memory size question

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/hp-z2-g4-small-form-factor-workstati...

while we are happy to answer user questions, that does not mean we are required to spoon feed you the answers that are  quickly located using the previously posted information

HP Recommended

hey 

No need to be narky !!

The Intel NUC works well with 64GB Samsung RAM and this HP mini G4 should also with 64GB RAM ....

Now apologize to Doug !!! 

HP Recommended

Hello,

I find that in the HP purchase configurator for customizing the Z2 Mini G4 in Performance UNIT version I can choose a "32GB (1x32GB) DDR4 SODIMM" memory single module for the device. Presumably it is true. This is not listed as an alternative in the mentioned  HP "quickspecs" so there is a discrepancy in information. I will assume that the configurator has the latest information. I need to find the part number for this memory module since I need to upgrade the device to 32GB and do not want to take up the second slot in case I need to further upgrade to 64GB in the future. I am loathe to find the part number or full memory specification for this 1x32 GB module on HP's site in any documentation.   Can you help with either part number or full module specification including latency, Rank x Org, etc. By the way, I have looked in multiple memory configurators and one of those manufacturers have seemingly suitable memory modules. I can  find at Crucial  a similar device but I would rather have the original HP device for warranty support. Thank you for your help.   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.