Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
T620
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hi everyone,

I've got some HP T620's and they have got Windows 7 embedded installed standard. I'm using HP Device Manager for new images and when I install Windows 10 IoT on the thin client, I can't activate Windows 10 IoT on them.

I configured a T620 manually and installed Windows 10 IoT, configured settings and captured an image with HP Device Manager so I can send tasks with this image to other thin client.

The error: "We can't activate Windows on this device because the product key was already user on another device. If you think it wasn't user on another device, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004C008."

Selecting Troubleshoot gives me the message: "Unable to activate Windows. We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make syre you're connect to the internet and try again."

Before I never had problems with imaging HP thin client by HP Device Manager. 

Does that sound familiar to someone or does anyone knows what to do?

Many thanks for your reply.

Best regards,

Rick 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've entered another Windows Key from KMS and the issue was gone. I did a capture from that machine and now it works when I image other thin clients via HPDM.

Thanks for your reply., MayRob2.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I had a similar issue on t630 with Win10 IoT 2016. Both units had the same hostname so I did a hostname change with a reimage via HPDM and the issue was gone.

On another circumstance the Windows Key was showing a wrong key in the Windows Activation dialog but when using wmic it provided the correct one that could be entered and then it activated correctly: 

At the command prompt, type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. This will reveal the correct product key. 

HP Recommended

I've entered another Windows Key from KMS and the issue was gone. I did a capture from that machine and now it works when I image other thin clients via HPDM.

Thanks for your reply., MayRob2.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.