Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

I have tried for the last to days to install my new "Thunderbolt 2 PCIe Card" in my Z840 Workstation, without any luck.

The card is a Thunderbolt adapter, PCIe with model nr. HP F3F43AA 

and the driver is: Intel Thunderbolt Driver and Software - sp74948

I have connected TB header cable, from the card to the Motherboard.

I have updated the Bios to the latest and checked in the Bios where I can see a new line under ADVANCED named: Thunderbolt Mode, and here it is set to "Unique ID"

But still, the device manager says unknown device??

HELP anybody what am I doing wrong ?

🙂

Enhedshåntering fejl1.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

usually you install the thunderbolt software FIRST, reboot and then install the card (z840 slot 5 which you have done)

try removing the software and then the card and reinstall for the HP SP driver file,

Installing Thunderbolt Controller driver (tbtxxx) triggers the full SW package installation.

also this driver is a later version and should support your card (check your cards hardware id against the driver's list)

TbtBusDrv_DeviceDesc1575 = 'Thunderbolt(TM) Controller - 1575'
TbtBusDrv_DeviceDesc1577 = 'Thunderbolt(TM) Controller - 1577'
TbtBusDrv_DeviceDesc15BF = 'Thunderbolt(TM) Controller - 15BF'
TbtBusDrv_DeviceDesc15D2 = 'Thunderbolt(TM) Controller - 15D2'
TbtBusDrv_DeviceDesc15D9 = 'Thunderbolt(TM) Controller - 15D9'
TbtBusDrv_DeviceDesc15E8 = 'Thunderbolt(TM) Controller - 15E8'
TbtBusDrv_DeviceDesc15EB = 'Thunderbolt(TM) Controller - 15EB'
TbtBusDrv_DeviceDesc15DC = 'Intel(R) Controller - 15DC'
TbtBusDrv_DeviceDesc15DD = 'Intel(R) Controller - 15DD'
TbtBusDrv_DeviceDesc15DE = 'Intel(R) Controller - 15DE'

https://station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=3493&lang=en

HP Recommended

ThnX  DGroves

I pulled the card out, but I can't find the TB driver to uninstall ?

So I can't uninstall the driver.

Maybe that's my problem, the driver from HP's official website is not installed probably  and doesn't function ??

I tried to download another driver via the link from your post, but my virus protection software is not allowing it to download, it says that the .exe file is dangerous. 

HP Recommended

so?.....turn off the virus protection

and BTW, the virus protection is also most likely what is preventing the HP SP file from installing correctly

HP Recommended

turned of the virus protection, uninstalled both HP drivers and the one from Intel

installed them one ad the time again from the root of C:drive

... still same result.

device manager is not recognizing the card.

(I have checked the jumper on motherboard is set to 1-2)  

Is there somebody who has the combination Z840 and HP Thunderbolt 2 working??

Did I got the wrong card, is the "Unique ID mode" wrong, how can isolate the problem???

🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.