Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
T620
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hi community out there,

In my case, client has 4 GB (3 GB used) ram and 1024 overlay buffer size, but as soon as client connected to VDI infrastructur to data center virtual machine by using horizon client auto script, windows memory and page file usage increases to 80 %.  I have 2 GB for system 1 GB for UWF overlay size so toatl 3 GB.
Which file or registry should we need to exclude for vdi connection process using horizon client which prevent user generated write in the virtual machine?

As we know if the file/ registry is excluded all the writes directly to drive not in the cache memory, so it stops filling overlay buffer size and how do we monitor large number of clients UWF overlay memory and see when needs to be rebooted.

Is it possible to integrate in check mk monitoring like the other things monitoring ?

How should we know clients overlay exhausted when we have large amount of clients and connected with user mode, without system went to in responsive at user side ?

overlay.PNG

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I guess if we exclude Horizon client and chrome in exclusion list, so we can prevent system writes to buffer/cache memory and all writes in disk instead of overlay (buffer/cache) memory.

I

sshami_0-1580974826645.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.