Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Could you help me to update BIOS/UEFI on my PC (HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF PC), please. Current version of BIOS J01 V02.15, 10.11.2011. Windows 10 Pro x64.

Could you send me a link for the latest version of BIOS and an instruction for BIOS update, please.

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

You have to be very careful to install the right BIOS update.

If W10 is installed in Legacy mode, do not upgrade the BIOS beyond version 2.28, or the PC will take over 2.5 minutes to restart from a warm boot.

If you have W10 installed in UEFI mode, then you can update to the latest version (2.33).

See this discussion for how to update the BIOS to version 2.28 in your PC:

Solved: HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF (BIOS Firmware update?) - HP Support Community - 8633691

Here is the link to the latest BIOS update (2.33):

Driver - HP Compaq 8200 Elite Small Form Factor PC | HP® Customer Support

If you want to update to 2.33, you would follow the same instructions but use the v2.33 BIOS files.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much! You helped a lot! 

Could you send me a link to manuals/instructions for setting up and using BIOS v2.15 and v. 2.33, please. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The F10 BIOS setup instructions/settings can be found in chapter 2 starting on page 4 of the service manual at the link below.

The instructions are the same regardless of what BIOS version you have installed.

c04224518.pdf (hp.com)

HP Recommended

Something terrible happened... I tried to update the bios with version 2.33. I used HPQFlash.exe. After rebooting, the PC is stuck at the HP logo image. This has been going on for two hours. Tell me what should I do, please?

IMG_20230531_210002.jpg

HP Recommended

Probably, my W10 installed in Legacy Mode... 

HP Recommended

Hi:

You didn't follow my instructions for how to update the BIOS outside of Windows, using the F10 Setup BIOS flash method, so unfortunately, I don't know what the problem is.

I didn't tell you to use the Windows based flash because W10 is not supported on your PC, and it is possible that the Windows based flash does not work on W10 and now your PC may be irreparable.

HP Recommended

At first I used "F10 Setup BIOS flash method". But while booting, my PC displayed the message "attempting boot from usb device". It has been for about an hour. So I decided to try another way "Windows based flash method". It should be noticed that I did not see a restriction on the use of the "Windows based flash method" either on this forum or in the instructions for updating.

Could you recommend other members of this community or HP support who could help with my problem?

Thanks advance

HP Recommended

Sorry that you can't get the PC to work and unfortunately, I don't know of anyone that can help you with fixing the BIOS.

There is no mention that flashing the BIOS in W10 would not work but, I don't know what else could have caused it not to work.

Also, you didn't follow my instructions.  You do not boot from the USB flash drive.

You were supposed to press/tap the ESC key and then press the F10 key to get the menu of options and then, the file tab, Flash system ROM command.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.