Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi.. I am using hp z1 workstation g1. My gpu is not working.. can you suggest a suitable gpu ?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Any MXM (up to 90W TDP)

Excellent working with Dell cards(or dell bios)

or HP for Z1, also any 🙂

btw - i saw the PNY gaming cards for Z1, but it was few years ago

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

i7-4790

HP Recommended

Any MXM (up to 90W TDP)

Excellent working with Dell cards(or dell bios)

or HP for Z1, also any 🙂

btw - i saw the PNY gaming cards for Z1, but it was few years ago

HP Recommended

I didn't get you

HP Recommended

Thank you for the solution. I am a Interior designer. Which mxm card  is best for rendering ? 

HP Recommended

what was/is the video card model that came with the system? the Z1 has had several model revisions such as the z1 G3 model

mxm cards can be either short or full lenght the 95 watt limit leans towards the mxm 3.0b form factor

depending on what software you use a quadro card may or may not be cost efective, and a cheaper consumer card can be used

https://static.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/352655.pdf

HP Recommended

Hi .. 

thanks for the reply.. my hp workstation z1 g1 gpu comes with quadro 3000M

Can I put 4000M or any other models? Please suggest which one is best for me 

HP Recommended

first,.... HP never made a Z1 G1 model, the first model is simply called a Z1, calling it a G1 is incorrect and can confuse people looking for information on a non existant HP Z1 G1model.

you can refer it as the first generation Z1 if you wish to be more specific

the only cards that are known to work are the ones HP lists for your model, any other card is unknown and may or may not work

in general if a system supports the quadro 3000m or k3000 series then the equivlent 4000 series card should also work

what will not usually work however is trying a k series 3000/4000 card in a system that came with the 3000m/4000m cards

https://www.also.com/pub/pdf/Z1.pdf

HP Recommended

This cpu (i7-4790) is compatible with first version of HP Z1? I would like to be sure before buying it.

Thanks

HP Recommended

please click on the link in my previous post

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.