Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP T520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Thin client T520 which was running on windows 7. Now it has to be upgraded to windows 10 enterprise and require RAM and hardware upgrade. I have tested both APACER and OSCOO for flash drives and RAM. I have been informed that the warranty would void  if APACER is not used. Is it true. Can HP give me the assurance that it would cover issues of RAM and flash drive by APACER although there is nowhere mentioned anything about apacer being recommended by HP. And moreover i could not find a single service center of APACER in India

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Using an APACER or any other brand of USB flash drive while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 will not cause a warranty to be voided.

Here is a link to the Windows 10 drivers you will need after the upgrade is complete.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-t520-flexible-thin-client/6875920

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Here in the US, as far as i know, using a 3rd party product in your system does not void the warranty

however hp may refuse to provide warranty support for software or hardware compatibility issues on products with 3rd party items which have been installed,... requiring the person remove all 3rd party items before hp will agree to provide support 

things may be different if you are not a US resident, so you will need to see what the laws are in your country

HP Recommended

That might be a contradiction to the statement of HP sales people. They have clearly stated that the warranty would void if not purchased the APACER RAM and Flash Drive. Can no HP guy give me assurance that i can go with upgrade of any other OEM without voiding the warranty. 

HP Recommended

again, asking on a USA board a question about warranty laws in a different country is pointless as we have no idea what the laws are in other locations (why would we?) please check what your country laws are by asking your local HP rep or local official

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.