Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Z800 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm looking to upgrade my Intel Xeon 2.4GHz CPU. Is there a list somewhere that shows all the compatible CPU for the HP Z800 Workstation? Any help is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@chucklor

ZNON.JPG

Your specs here.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01709726

What CPU do you have installed now???

REO

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the link. In my System's About, it shows Intel Xeon E5530 @2.4GHz. So, based on the link you've provided, the latest CPU that this workstation will accept is the Intel Xeon X5570 and maximum RAM memory is 64GB, correct?

Again, thank you!

HP Recommended

The picture of listed processors is from an old QuickSpecs.... for the version 1.  You want to use the later QuickSpecs to get an up to date processor listing.  Searth for Z800 QuickSpecs and don't use anything less than in the 40s.  The latest version I have is 56, from 11/13, and here is the list of HP certified processors for the Z800 from that (which is the very last QuickSpecs version):

Untitled.jpg

There is a search function in this forum which allows one to do some research......

Please use the search bar top left area (which searches only this forum) and look up "upgrade processor in Z800".  And, "Z800 boot block date".

Let us know what your boot block date is from your BIOS.....

You'd not want to put in an unnecessarily old processor if you have one of the newer version 2 Z800s, or waste time and money trying to put in a version 2 HP-certified processor if you happen to have a version 1 Z800.

HP Recommended

Is there any information on the Intel Xeon W-2145. Is it compatible with the Z800?

HP Recommended

The latest is Xeon X5660 and Xeon X5670 iow 6-core processors. The list provided earlier is old.

No, the Xeon W-2145 is not supported in the Z800. The fastest supported is the 6-core Xeon X5670 but as SDH points out it depends on which motherboard you have.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. What about the intel xeon x5690? I saw Amazon is selling some HP Z800 with this CPU in. Does that mean it'll work? How do I determine what my motherboard is?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Do the motherboard of the hp z800 works with only one CPU socketed? Or it needs to be the tow of them?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.