Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z4 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

We recently bought 10+ new Z4 G4 into our corporation. First we recevied one that did not show any bios, post or video output. But the computer itself did start with fans spinning. We tried removing memory sticks, changing to a different graphics card and tried reseating every connector on the motherboard. Still no signs of booting.

The other ones were working fine until today, when 1 of them just decided to do the same thing. It was up and running for 3 days, but now has decided to not cooperate with us anymore.. tried the same procedure as above.

What could be the issue? Is there any ways that i haven't tried that could solve my issue?

Kind regards, Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Call HP Support to have them sort the issue/issues out. You have on-site warranty on those new machines and they seem to need it. 🙂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Call HP Support to have them sort the issue/issues out. You have on-site warranty on those new machines and they seem to need it. 🙂

HP Recommended

Was thinking if someone had heard or had some experience about this 🙂

But i just called HP Support and they will be coming here to check them out. 

HP Recommended

It would be great if you can update this thread with the solution/s for your problems when they had been fixed. 🙂

HP Recommended

I will report back as soon as they fixed our computers!

\\ Tom

HP Recommended

@Z440Roger wrote:

It would be great if you can update this thread with the solution/s for your problems when they had been fixed. 🙂

They changed our motherboards today, and they now seem to be working as expected.

Had to wait for a while though... since i started this thread! 🙂

Kind regards Tom

HP Recommended

10 new systems and one was DOA, and another failed within the week,.......and it took HP this long to arive and replace nessary  parts..........this is not what high end workstation users expect

hopefully, you will not have any other failures and if you do perhaps HP can respond a bit faster

what i can say is that we had nextday service packs on our 30 hp xw line of workstations and they met those service dates except for 2 times,.. and our hp rep got us 2 complete "spare" systems to use as parts systems due to hp being unable to source the replacement parts within 7 days on the 2 times they were unable to fufill the service terms (now that's service!!)

HP Recommended

Interesting that the mother board was changed.  I've bought 11 Z4 G4 workstations and three have required new motherboards due to the data drives dropping offline continuously and another three are showing the same symptoms.

The on-site warranty works and HP have been out and changed over the mother boards but it's annoying nonetheless.  The Z220's / Z240's they replaced ran for six or seven years without any faults.

HP Recommended

The machines have been up and running ever since. But we have detected that if we have used the lower ethernet jack it could sometimes lose connection. We then have to either plug the ethernet cable in and out or restart the computer. So we have from now on only used the upper ethernet jack.

We just bought 13 new Z4 G4 workstations, hoping that these will be more reliable. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.