4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Z440 Gtx 1080ti compatible?

HP Recommended
Workstation Z440
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

Is it possible to put a GTX 1080ti in a Z440 workstation?

I know the recommanded GPU cards are from the Quadro series, but i would like to use a 1080ti.

could someone please help me out :)??

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
MtothaJ
Level 6
333 321 20 104
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jesseroet wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to put a GTX 1080ti in a Z440 workstation?

I know the recommanded GPU cards are from the Quadro series, but i would like to use a 1080ti.

could someone please help me out :)??

Thanks!

Your only consideration is the power supply:

- if you have the 700W PSU then you are good to go . You may need to buy a 6 to 8 pin power adapter since AFAIK the 1080Ti usually has 8+6 pin connectors and that PSU has 2x 6 pin.  The manual also lists that the PSU is rated up to 225W for the graphics card.

- for the 525W PSU the main problem is lack of any power connectors for videoards. There are no doubt various adapters etc. which one can get, but personally I would not go down this route especially with a powerful card such as the 1080TI.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
jesseroet
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick response!

I have to say, i already found this info you are talking about.I have to keep the fact about the PSU in mind.

One more thing i was actually worried about;

Does the Z440 motherboard/BIOS or other parts withhold us from using the 1080ti? Like, I wouldn't be suprised if there is a BIOS limitation build in that only accepts Quadro (and AMD equivalent) even if hardware specs allow it...

Someone knows? 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation