Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z440 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We purchased this workstation about 8 months ago for the purpose of 4K video editing and animation. It has an NVidia Quadro M4000 graphics card with 3 displayports, 3 of which are currently hooked up to monitors. Ever since we started editing 4K footage shot with a Panasonic EVA-1, particularly in a 1080 timeline for the purpose of punching in, we've been having a variety of glitches that I cannot figure out.

Some outputs have the audio about 30 seconds out of sync, no matter how I render the file.

When I try to watch the timeline without it being rendered, the video blows up to about 200% while it plays, then goes back to normal when it's stopped.

The biggest and worst glitch happens at random during editing. All three screens go black for 3 seconds, then they come back, only now the audio is playing through one of the monitors and not the speakers, activating the Nvidia card for audio instead of the default Realtek Audio processor. Then a dialogue box pops up warning me that a preview file is corrupted, along with "Error Code 3." Some projects will then not open at all, whether I open them in Adobe Premiere CC 2017 OR 2018.

I've called HP support and was told it's likely drivers that are causing the glitch. I was told to download the Softpaq Manager, and install the new BIOS in particular along with other drivers. If that didn't work, I was told to uninstall all the Nvidia drivers and reinstall them from the package found at HP.com. I've now performed all of the solutions that were presented to me and have had no luck in correcting the problem. I am at a loss of what else to do, short of a system overhaul or hardware replacement, both of which will cost us valuable editing time.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

video editing requires a specific set of hardware/drivers/software

and it is dificult to have a system that does it all well

rendering usually favors cpu cores over cpu MHZ, video editing favors MHZ, over cpu cores, both favor lots of ram, with the video editing/animation favoring  Ram as it's number one if you have less than 64gigs of ram that may be your main issue followed by the drive subsystem that the editing is being streamed from

editing 4k footage on a z440 can be done, but is borderline for some applications, also 4k editing will require a very fast Drive/IO subsystem

without exact system specs, on the hardware/software being used i don't think anyone can provide the type of help you are asking for.

all i can do is recomend you visit the forums of the software packages you are using and perhaps ask there  including your hardware specs in the help request

HP Recommended

If it helps to clarify, here are the current specs for our Z440 Workstation:

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v4 @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 16 GB

NVIDIA QUadro M4000 Graphics Card w/ latest driver pack installed from HP.com

Adobe Premiere CC 2017.2 & 2018

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

HP Recommended

atempting to do "ANY" editing with premire when only using 16gb ram is just asking for problem like you are experencing

adobe plainly states the "minimum ram requirements" for this program and this is the bare minumum you can use and expect it to work however as i stated working and working well are two diffrent things

editing 4k video in premire with only  16gb is not a recomended configuration you  need 64gb

please read this link, below and i also recomend you visit the adobe forun on premire and ask/read what they have to say there

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CC-143/Hardware-...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.