Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am now the owner of a Z620. As soon as I turn it on the fans go to max speed. It's like being in a datacenter. Windows boots but it's unbearable.

Speedfan on Windows can't control anything. The temperature of the measurable components are around 30-40 degrees C.

The BIOS has virtually no configurable options other than controlling the idle fan speed, which is set to the minimum level.

I'm all out of ideas at this point 😥 Do I need to remove each component one by one until the noise stops? Would love to hear if any of you have debug tips for me. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

searching this forum, on this subject would have given you numerous previous posts and replies on this subject

please use the "SEARCH" box to see the posts

the most common cause is a failed ambient temp sensor, which is embedded in the power button cable, replacing the sensor or the entire cable usually resolves the fan issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.