Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z640
Linux

Hi All,

We are using the Z640 with RedHat 7.4 now, the current BIOS version is 2.47, due to some reason, I need to downgrade the BIOS version back to 2.45, could anyone know how to do that in simple, thanks.

Best regards

Rober

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

why do you think a bios downgrade is required? i can not think of any valid reason which would require this????

it's extremely rare for a consumer or workstation system not to be using the latest bios due to a OS or application issue

HP Recommended

Roberman,

0.   Verify that the current BIOS is not blocked from reversion.

1.  Set a maximum 1GB** MBR, FAT32 partition on a USB drive.  It is helpful if the flash drive has an activity indicator.

___ **1GB is based on zX20 BIOS file size.  Confirm the capacity of BIOS for zX40.

2.  Copy the selected *.bin BIOS file to the root directory of the prepared partition.

3.  With the system, off insert the USB drive into a front panel USB 2.0 port.

4.  Start the system.  The USB LED should (if similar to zX20) show activity and indicate flashing BIOS with a display progress slider.

5. The system should finalize with a BIOS successfully updated message.

6.  Shut off the system,

7.  Remove the USB drive

8.  Reboot to BIOS

9.  Note that the BIOS version was successfully reverted.

__ Be aware that there have been historically, more than one HP BIOS version that can not be reverted, except by invoking the crisis recovery subsystem.  I discovered this when trying to revert z620 BIOS from v3.92 to v3.91.  In this example, a reversion was not allowed as the 3.92 version contained Spectre / Meltdown protection.

May I ask the reason for the reversion?

Let us know how it goes.

BambiBoomZ 

HP z620_2 (2017) (R7) > Xeon E5-1680 v2 (8-core@ 4.3GHz) / z420 Liquid Cooling / 64GB DDR3-1866 ECC Reg / Quadro P2000 5GB _ GTX 1070 Ti 8GB / HP Z Turbo Drive M.2 256GB AHCI + Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB + HGST 7K6000 4TB / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 sound interface + 2X Mackie MR824 / 825W PSU /> HP OEM Windows 7 Prof.’l 64-bit > 2X Dell Ultrasharp U2715H (2560 X 1440)

[ Passmark Rating = 6280 / CPU rating = 17178 / 2D = 819 / 3D= 12629 / Mem = 3002 / Disk = 13751 / Single Thread Mark = 2368 [10.23.18]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.