Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
z840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have purchased new workstation z840  8-08-2016 and it give me post error before loging in to windows 10 . 

error message.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please contact support and request for system board replacement in the unit to have the issue fixed.

I am a HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Is this a dual CPU system?  If so, then some of the QPI links between the CPUs are not working correctly.  It could be a CPU or a CPU socket issue.  If the system is new and under warranty, contact HP support. 

I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HP.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you problem was solved. This helps other forum readers.
HP Recommended
thanx but i have already called they refusing to help ...and windows can recognize both processors also i have used intel diagnostic tool and it passed it ...only bothering message every boot and taking long in black screen OROM check
HP Recommended

Ask them to escalate your case since a new Z840 should work without any POST errors.

I have had other issues and being persistent regarding your case and asking them to escalate your case should do the trick. I have had computers that dont boot up and their solution was to upgrade the BIOS wich of course did not solve the problem since the motherboard was defect. Sometimes the support can be really bad.

HP Recommended

Please contact support and request for system board replacement in the unit to have the issue fixed.

I am a HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.