Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z620

My Z620 has a broken plastic thumbpiece for the PCI board retention clamp.  It appears that the thumbpiece is not a separate part from the whole clamp bar.  Online prices for a new replacement are unreasonable (around $50).  I'm looking for a less expensive alternative source.  Ideally, someone has a scrap chassis they'd part out.

I am led to believe this part is shared with Z420, Z620, and Z820.

Mine cannot be repaired/glued, and I don't think 3D printing is a route I can reasonably take for this.

Sample pic of 688599-001 (the clamp assy.):

PCI_Retainer_688599-001.jpgPCI_Retainer_01b.jpgPCI_Retainer_06b.jpgPCI_Retainer_07b.jpgPCI_Retainer_05b.jpgPCI_Retainer_04b.jpgPCI_Retainer_03b.jpgPCI_Retainer_02b.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

the z820 uses a slightly different design that is incompatible with the z620/z420

you can repair yours by making two plastic inserts that cover both sides and gluing them with the proper adhesive/epoxy

HP Recommended

Thanks for that info.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.