Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
t630
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hello,

Im trying to make setup of thin clients very automated. The process I want to have in place is a recovery USB key of a Thin Client I cloned using ThinUpdate and following imaging to run a small script to set the BIOS to our standard. How can I do this? Thank You!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Are you willing to try HP Device Manager? The management software that specific to HP Thin Client.

Based on the information you provide, you just need to create the template sequence with two subtask:

1. Subtask used to deploy image

2. Sub task used to deploy BIOS configuration file

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Hi Chen_HPDM!

I have been really struggling with various issues in HPDM. We are about to purchase 400 t630 clients and we haven't been getting acceptable support from HP. I see from discussion forums that you have quite a few customers who are dissatisfied with the current offshored tech support for HPDM. We have WAN links and deploy and college image is extremely slow - like it took me 14 hours to gather an image. If I synchronize the respositores from the main management server it works but if I do deploy or collect it goes not to the local gateway but to the main server. This is not workable and it goes totally against the purpose of having local gateways and repositioes. 

Please get us some help. 

Thank You

HP Recommended

Hi,

Let me first help explain the design to see if that help:

From HPDM perspective, we expect a centralized Repository - MasterRepositry where saved all the files among different Child repositories.

Child Repository is only used on deployment - image, files, etc. This is to solve the issue of load balanc or specific network like your environment.

The idea is - everything captured will go to Master repository first, then they will be sychonized to Child repository, could be no demend or scheduled. Once the sychonization is done, you're able to deploy the content through Child repository.

Specific to your situation I would suggest

1. Capture Golden image through USB key(Thin Update)
  2. Create the deployment template with the image captured in step1 (HPDM support the image file captured through ThinUpdate)
  3. Wait for the sychornization - I'm sorry there is nothing we can do if that's pure network issue.
  4. Start the deployment.

I hope the information helps, let us know if you need more information.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

How about writing packages or scripts in thinupdate format? That way you can leveage the same thinupdate structure and process.

You may also  take a look at

FirstLogonFLC.cmd

ThinStatePostSysprep.cmd

from the folder

C:\Program Files\HP\HP ThinUpdate

For bios settings you can use wmic.exe in one of these batch file

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.