Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Z620 v2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i let my z620 idle to get lowest temperature possible, and the result not give close temperature for both cpu's, 10 degree of difference.

for package temp it fine most of time, the difference only in cores temp.

it's normal ? due to heatsinks cpu 1 has 3 pipes and cpu 2 has 4 pipes ?

i switched cpu's it gives same result.

cpuheat.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

no it's just the opposite, random numbers indicate a issue, IE-improper airflow bad thermal contact a software app that is randomly applying a load on the cpu

static numbers that do not vary from test to test indicate the system is most likely working normally a 10c difference between a cpu socket under some load vs a cpu socket that has no load on any of it's cores is not out of spec for most dual socket systems

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

why would you expect the one cpu that is running the OS, displaying video, and running apps/software to be the same temp as as the sec cpu that is doing nothing?

this also applies to the individual cores in a cpu, as the cores doing something will by default be hotter than the ones doing nothing

HP Recommended

thanks DGroves for explanation,

i asked question because the previous config (dual E5-2670) was giving me close temperature, also the reason why i let him idle to get minimum, so the OS will not affect too much main CPU, it clearly 10 degree of difference is constant.
if the difference is random on each core, it can be understable

HP Recommended

no it's just the opposite, random numbers indicate a issue, IE-improper airflow bad thermal contact a software app that is randomly applying a load on the cpu

static numbers that do not vary from test to test indicate the system is most likely working normally a 10c difference between a cpu socket under some load vs a cpu socket that has no load on any of it's cores is not out of spec for most dual socket systems

HP Recommended

i think that was an bug in HWMonitor, i tested HWiNFO64, it gives me nearly equal temperature

Xgamerz_0-1618711563586.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.