Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Following a recent Widows 10 upgrade when I start my laptop up I received the following message

Accelerometerdll.DLL

The code execution can not procede because acceleromerdll.DLL was not found. Re installing the program may fix this problem.

I have searched for fixes for this on the HP Forums and have followed the advice to uninstall HP 3D DriveGaurd and install a program from hhtp://ftp.hp.com/pib/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78033.exe

However I am still receiving the notification regarding the startup message.

Can anyone please help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Download the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81001-81500/sp81142.exe

Download and install the x64 version of 7-Zip on the link below.

http://www.7-zip.org/

When you've installed 7-Zip, open your Downloads folder, right click on the sp81142 package, select 7-Zip, select extract files and then click Ok.

Cut this newly extracted folder and paste it on your Desktop so it's easy to find.

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R

Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand System devices, right click the HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor entry and select 'Update Driver Software'.

In the following window, select 'Browser my computer for driver software' and then select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

In the next window, click the 'Have Disk' button and then browse to the extracted  sp81142 folder you pasted on your Desktop.

Browse into the sub-folder InstallFiles, open the folder Win10, left click on the file accelerometer to highlight it and then click Open.

Click on 'Ok' and then click 'Next' and wait for the driver to install.

When done, click 'Close' and then click 'Yes' to restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Download the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81001-81500/sp81142.exe

Download and install the x64 version of 7-Zip on the link below.

http://www.7-zip.org/

When you've installed 7-Zip, open your Downloads folder, right click on the sp81142 package, select 7-Zip, select extract files and then click Ok.

Cut this newly extracted folder and paste it on your Desktop so it's easy to find.

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R

Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand System devices, right click the HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor entry and select 'Update Driver Software'.

In the following window, select 'Browser my computer for driver software' and then select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

In the next window, click the 'Have Disk' button and then browse to the extracted  sp81142 folder you pasted on your Desktop.

Browse into the sub-folder InstallFiles, open the folder Win10, left click on the file accelerometer to highlight it and then click Open.

Click on 'Ok' and then click 'Next' and wait for the driver to install.

When done, click 'Close' and then click 'Yes' to restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thank you , that seems to have done the trick.  It's a pity HP can't send out these fixes with their updates. 

I appreciate the info and the fix you put on here.

Robbiebox

HP Recommended

Hi Again

Thank you again as before for this fix and the accelerometer problem is sorted, however I now notice that my HP Envy 17 is very reluctant to start after it has been switch. It can take several attempts. I've even had a blue screen come up with a message 

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed

Error Code: 0xc0000185

Even when it eventually boots up my finger print recognition has to be tried many times.

It seems all these problems have manifested themselves after the last Windows 10 update. I would be grateful for any advice.

Thank you

HP Recommended
I was following this but when I got to instal from disk I Gould not paste the sp81142 from my desktop. I also did not know how to put this file into 7-zip.
I am a newbie and untechnucsl so I need every step simply explained.
Thus was all caused by the massive windows 10 upgrade. I need the accelerometer back as browser not stable without it.
Thanks for any help.
D
HP Recommended

Hi David

I'm not sure if I can help because I'm still having trouble with my laptop after this **bleep** Windows 10 update. What I did was to uninstall the the HP 3d Drive Guard first. Then I clicked download for the Driveguard program as directed. The SP***** file then appeared in my download folder. I then right mouse clicked the file and got the options for the zip folder. I then extracted the files and clicked on the exe file.

I hope that helps a little. As I say I'm still struggling here and have now been recommended to phone the HP help desk.

Good Luck

Robin

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.