Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g4 Notebook PC QG465PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion g4 Notebook PC, the details of which I am appending below :

Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit Service Pack 1
x64 - based PC
6.1.7601.Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Processor. Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 2430M CPU @ 2.40 HGz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Bios version date Insyde F.66 24th January, 2013
Installed Physical memory 8.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

I  use a wireless  network  connection and the  device used is " Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ", the details of which are as under.

Driver Provider.. Broadcom
Driver Date ~ 20th May, 2011
Driver Version ~ 5.100.82.82
Location ~ PCI Bus 1, device 0, function 0

I would request  esteemed members of the HP Forum  to please help me  from where I can update the  driver for Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ". I would be grateful  if  someone can  give me the link from where I can download the  latest driver. 

Mandira

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The file numbers on the HP website are the dates they were uploaded to the support page, so you can't go by those.

You have to go by the actual driver version and date, which for sp57965 is 5.100.82.139 REV: A of July 13, 2012.

Wifi driver updates normally correct reported issues, or provide enhancements.  

For example, sp57965 - Fixes an intermittent issue which causes a blue screen error (BSOD) when the system is restarted (rebooted).

This is what the driver version I posted does...it includes all previous driver version fixes and enhancements.

ENHANCEMENTS:
- Provides enhanced Wi-Fi transfer rates.

I checked the contents of the driver folder and there is no revision specific suffix on the ID's listed for the 4313 models, so the driver should work on all revisions including REV_01

Yes, if there is a problem with the newer driver I posted, you should be able to roll back the driver to the previous version by clicking on the roll back driver button on the Broadcom wifi adapter's driver tab.

Yes, if you decide to install the newer driver, you can create a system restore point before you install the driver, and use the system restore utility to revert to the present state.

The reason I answered your question today is because the subject of your post was to  ask us for help to find an updated Broadcom wifi driver, and I have provided you with the final driver release HP has for your model's wifi adapter.

Whether or not you want to update the driver is completely up to you since your notebook is working fine as it is.

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

If it were me, I would go for it.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Mandira, welcome to the forum.

Here is the latest driver that is available from HP.  As you will see, it is dated in 2012.  HP is not issuing any software or driver updates for computers that were made before 2013.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your prompt reply. I download the  driver software SP 57965.exe  for driver version 5.100.82.139 dated 13.07.2012. My earlier driver  version was  5.100.82.82. After  downloading, when I tried  to  instal the  new driver [ version 5.100.82.139 ] I received the message that  this driver is already installed on my system. I am   at a loss  to understand how and why this has  happened. I even tried to  overwrite on the old  driver, but the  computer didnot respond. 

Can you please help ?

Mandira

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Mandira.

I suggest that you double check the version of the current driver to assure that it isn't the latest one available.  If it is not, you should read the Installation information in the link that I provided.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you so much  for your reply. As advised by you, I will go through the installation information and recheck   the  existing drivers. 

Thanking you once again.

Mandira

HP Recommended

Hi, @Mandira

See if you can install this driver for your BCM 4313 wifi adapter...

6.30.223.264 Rev.A    Sep 30, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73001-73500/sp73093.exe

The above driver supports these three model variations of the BCM 4313 wifi adapter.

Check your adapter's hardware ID before installing the driver, and if the ID matches one of these three, it should work.

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103C
 PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1483103C
 PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1795103C

You can find the hardware ID for your Broadcom wifi adapter by going to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category.   Click on the Broadcom wifi adapter.

The click on the Details tab at the top of the window.  You will see a Property drop down list, and it will be defaulted to Device Description.

Drop down on that list, and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

The ID will normally be listed 4 times, so just look at the top line.

HP Recommended

HI there,
The earlier problem substantiated. When I try to instal SP 57965.exe, it says
C\SW Setup\SP57965\bcm43xx.cat
" The following file is already in my Computer " When I want to overwrite this, there is no response.
When I go to C\SW Setup\... I see that SP 57965.exe is very much there from 28th May, 2016. No wonder, it says that this file is already in my Computer. However, when I go Device Manager -> Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ->Driver -> Driver Date 20th May '11 and Driver version 5.100.82.82 which actually corresponds to SP 57434.exe. I don't understand why should there be a contradiction on this same computer.
In response to you last post of today, I checked the hardware's IDs and the last ID stated by you -> PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1795103C is the first hardware ID in the value of the hardware ID Properties, but is suffixed with " &REV_01 ". So it is actually PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1795103C&REV_01. I wouldn't know if the suffix would make any difference or not.
1.As of now, my Computer is running fine. What would be the advantage of installing 6.30.223.264 Rev.A Sep 30, 2015.
2.Should there be a problem [ with this new driver ] can I revert back to the old one. Would a System Restore work here ?
3. I am not very computer savvy, hence I thought I'll ask you .
Thank you for all the help you have provided me.
Mandira

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The file numbers on the HP website are the dates they were uploaded to the support page, so you can't go by those.

You have to go by the actual driver version and date, which for sp57965 is 5.100.82.139 REV: A of July 13, 2012.

Wifi driver updates normally correct reported issues, or provide enhancements.  

For example, sp57965 - Fixes an intermittent issue which causes a blue screen error (BSOD) when the system is restarted (rebooted).

This is what the driver version I posted does...it includes all previous driver version fixes and enhancements.

ENHANCEMENTS:
- Provides enhanced Wi-Fi transfer rates.

I checked the contents of the driver folder and there is no revision specific suffix on the ID's listed for the 4313 models, so the driver should work on all revisions including REV_01

Yes, if there is a problem with the newer driver I posted, you should be able to roll back the driver to the previous version by clicking on the roll back driver button on the Broadcom wifi adapter's driver tab.

Yes, if you decide to install the newer driver, you can create a system restore point before you install the driver, and use the system restore utility to revert to the present state.

The reason I answered your question today is because the subject of your post was to  ask us for help to find an updated Broadcom wifi driver, and I have provided you with the final driver release HP has for your model's wifi adapter.

Whether or not you want to update the driver is completely up to you since your notebook is working fine as it is.

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

If it were me, I would go for it.

HP Recommended

I know that this may seem like a strange way to solve things, but if you were to go to the LINUX forums you can download the drivers source code and compile it yourself. All it takes is a vertual machine and you can have the latest bleeding edge drivers running your rig. It's what I do.

Hope this helps in even a small way.

The_Bunyip (from DownUnder)

HP Recommended

Hello

"If it were me, I would go for it " 

" So did I " 

Right  from the very start,judging from your prompt responses and the continued  assurance you gave me, I knew, I am on the right path. I  created a restore point [ incase.... ]

I have updated the Wi Fi Adaptor  and now  the  Driver details show Version 6.30.223.264  dated  30th March, 2015.

I restarted after  installation and so far  there have not been  any issues.

I would like to once again  thank you for   going out of your way to help  me and provide  all necessary instructions.

Thanking you once again.

Mandira

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.