Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 23-o000 All-in-One Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I recently had some issues with a corrupted OS.  System was cleaned up by the shop, but now when I push the HDMI input nothing happens.  Is there a simple software fix for this?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi N@CONTRACTSMAN1,

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with HDMI. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you update the drivers and check if it works?

For now please try these steps:

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Check the box that states delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and graphics drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2E18Mr5 and check if the issue gets fixed.

If the problem continues, then perform all the relevant steps from this link: http://hp.care/2DYEaXg (HP PCs - Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7) that best describe your current situation.

This should fix the issue. Also, try with another HDMI cable.

Also check this link: http://hp.care/2DYq1cy for (HP ENVY Recline 23 and 27 TouchSmart All-in-One PCs - Connecting HDMI Devices to Your Computer (Windows 😎

Now check if this helps.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

David: I'm concerned that if I follow your instructions and uninstall the display driver (intel HD Graphics 4000), I will lose the video because there will be no driver installed when the system reboots.. Am I wrong??

HP Recommended

Hi! @contractsman, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @DavidSMP, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned you needed to know if you uninstall the video driver will you lose video on your PC?

No, you will not lose any video on your PC as your PC will still run using basic video drivers.

Once after you restart your PC the display driver will get updated using the windows update.

However, you will have to install the latest driver from HP.com or using HP support assistant.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm still concerned that deleting the single display driver available will disable my video when rebooting.  Because there is only one display driver on my system, are you sure if I delet it the system will still boot correctly.  I just want to make sure before I actually attempt the fix.

HP Recommended

@CONTRACTSM, Thanks for your quick response and time.

Yes, you can uninstall the graphics driver on your PC without out any issues.

As I mentioned in my previous thread you will not lose any video on your PC as your PC will still run using basic video drivers.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried to update the Graphics driver (file  SP65286.EXE  )but received the following error "Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update. Update has been cancelled (9996)"

In additon I did not see any updates on the support page to update the BIOS.

HP Recommended

@CONTRACTSM, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned when you install the graphics driver you are getting error-your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update.

The error displays when ...

• the update requires certain hardware or software that is not installed on your computer (examples: keyboard replaced with a non-HP keyboard or Microsoft .NET software is not installed),

• the computer does not meet a certain minimum hardware or software requirement (examples: 4 GB minimum memory, 200 MB free disk space, or .NET version 2.0 required and 1.0 is installed) 

Usually, this error indicates the update is not needed for your computer and it should not be installed.

So the graphics driver you are trying to install seems to be incompatible, try installing the graphics driver from the link below.

Link to update the graphics driver.

Also, update the BIOS using this link.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Video driver updated. BIOS  link did not work.  Message says BIOS isincompatable with this device.  HDMI button still not working.

HP Recommended

@CONTRACTSMA, Thanks for your quick response and time.

As you mentioned even after updating the video drivers the HDMI button is not working.

It certainly looks to be a hardware issue with your PC. Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a great day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.