Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Prime virtual calculator
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am the IT engineer.

My clieint ask me to help him install the HP Prime Virual Calculator program.

Hi has an Intel I3 based computer with Windows 7 professional.

All updates on Windows are installed.

Runtime for Visual C++ 2013 are installed.

.Net 4.5 with all updates are installed.

I have tried to install three versions of HP Prime virtual calculator: 8151, 10637 and 10638.

Version 8151 istalled ok but when i choose to check updates I wait for loading the update file and after loading nothing happens. the version stays the same 8151.

Version 10637 do not installs at all. I click to run it, it loads half a second and then quietly stops. There where no error messages or records in log files of Windows. It just do nothing. 

Version 10638 behaves like 10637. It loads half a second and stops. No installation happens.

The person who i tried to help cannot update this software to latest version.

All the versions are taken from ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found the source of problem.

In WIX installer localization file containst erroneus string and does not  pass xml verification

1049/thm.wxl contains:

<String Id="ExecuteUpgradeRelatedBundleMessage">Предыдущая версия/String>

should be

<String Id="ExecuteUpgradeRelatedBundleMessage">Предыдущая версия</String>

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @matytsin – Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

Let me start by saying that HP Prime virtual calculator is not my area of expertise, but I did some digging and stumble upon this: http://hp.care/2fKkgn3

Apparently the issue was fixed after installing the 32-bit version as well. So please try the same and check. Also, go through that forum thread for additional information.

Let me know if that helps. Thank you & Good luck!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Hi Dvortex. As I have mentioned above the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 is installed. It includes the mfc120u.dll library. That do not help. Not the 32 or 64 bit version of that library does not solve the problem.
HP Recommended

I found the source of problem.

In WIX installer localization file containst erroneus string and does not  pass xml verification

1049/thm.wxl contains:

<String Id="ExecuteUpgradeRelatedBundleMessage">Предыдущая версия/String>

should be

<String Id="ExecuteUpgradeRelatedBundleMessage">Предыдущая версия</String>

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.