Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
InDesign Smartstream Plugin
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi,
I've spent hours building an Imposition Template in SmartStream within InDesign. It's working great on my computer, but I need to export the template so that my colleagues can download it and use it too. I can't find information on how to export the template or import/download it. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

First save your template by selecting "Save As" at the bottom left of the imposition window. Note the name of your template.

Next, in Finder, click on the "Go" menu and select "Go to Folder..."

Type this in:

~/Documents/SmartStream Designer/Imposition

Your imposition template should be in there, just make a copy and have your colleagues place it inside the same folder in their workstations. Finally, have them select "Load" at the bottom left of the imposition window in SmartStream and it should now appear in the dropdown list. 

HP Recommended

In the Imposition drop down menu, how do you get the templates in some kind of order? They are all mixed up. Renaming then does not help.SmartStream Impo order.jpg

HP Recommended

I called HP since I had the same issue and they said it's a bug in the new version of Smartstream. They are suposedly working on a new version that will include the fix but it's hard to say when it will be out. This problem has actually kept me from migrating completely to MacOS Mojave and Adobe CC 2019.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.