Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Op system was previously Windows 7 bfr updating to Windows 10 in Dec2015. Since then, have never been able to open HP Support Assistant . Am constantly getting pop-up "HPSF.exe has stopped working. The app has encountered a serious problem and must close." 

I've tried to uninstall HP Support Assistant and I've also tried to install the most up-to-date HP Support Assistant without uninstalling the existing HPSA and rcv the following error "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing installation pkg 'HP Support Assistant.msi' in the box below"... I found two folders in my C: drive that contain this file, however rcv andother error "The path 'C:\ProgramData\{18165758-115C-4DC0-9EC2-FF89F725767F}\HP Support Assistant.msi' cannot be found. ((Or I recieve the other error that says the file is not a valid installation package for the product)) Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package 'HP Support Assistant.msi' in a folder which can install the product HP Support Assistant. So I click 'Cancel' and rcv an another HPSA error "Error 1714. The older version of HPSA cannot be removed. Contact tech support.

Need help, am at a loss on how to fix myself 😕

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

My issue is finally resolved!! Thanks to another thread. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Support-Assistant-doesn-t-wor...

jorgemartins suggestion of trying revo uninstaller and then reinstalling HP Support Assistant worked!!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey there @PepperPots

I will do my absolute best to help you come to a resolution with the HP Support Assistant not working properly for you on your HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PC. 

When we have come to a resolution, please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as an Accepted Solution. If you would like to show your appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below.

Have you tried to do the updates in Safe Mode with Networking?

Have you tried disabling your Antivirus program to do the updates?

Have you tried doing the updates using Windows Update?

Have you tried to update the HP Support Assistant?

Have you tried to do a clean boot and then tried the updates again?

If you are having problems updating HPSA itself, download and install the latest version of HPSA from the HP Support Assistant Web site. 

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in the Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant

Here is another thread that I found that might help you called "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"  from Microsoft. There are troubleshooting steps in it also that may help you. 

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and the answers to the questions above. 

Don't forget to click the Thumbs Up to show your appreciation. 

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community!
Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello EmeraldAvenger...

I tried all the suggestions and it seems still having an issue  😄

Have you tried to do the updates in Safe Mode with Networking? **Tried, didn't work. 

Have you tried disabling your Antivirus program to do the updates? **Did this as well and still wasn't able to uninstall HPSA or even install the most up-to-date version. 

Have you tried doing the updates using Windows Update?

Have you tried to update the HP Support Assistant? **Yes, tried and was my initial issue as explained. 

Have you tried to do a clean boot and then tried the updates again? **Same result, not able to unistall HPSA or install HPSA update.

If you are having problems updating HPSA itself, download and install the latest version of HPSA from the HP Support Assistant Web site. *****This is the problem I'm having! I tried downloading and installing the latest version of HPSA and am receiving ERRORS when trying ti do so! 

HP Recommended

My issue is finally resolved!! Thanks to another thread. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Support-Assistant-doesn-t-wor...

jorgemartins suggestion of trying revo uninstaller and then reinstalling HP Support Assistant worked!!!

HP Recommended

Hey PepperPots, 

I am glad that you were able to resolve the install/uninstall issue with HPSA! I read the thread that you had provided. Thank you for making me aware that the resolution for you was the Program_Install_and_Uninstall tool from Microsoft. This information will be helpful for me in the future as well. 

Take care 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.