Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-n001la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Computer Type: laptop HP Pavillion 15-n001la

GPU: dual AMD Radeon HD 8400 / R3 Series + 8600M Series

CPU: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.00 GHz

RAM: 8 Gb

Operating System & Version: Windows 10 17763.316

GPU Drivers: Adrenalin 19.2.3 software

When the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update was released. I installed it, but the mouse cursor started lagging. I looked for solutions on the web, on the support communities of Microsoft and HP, like doing /sfc or verifying file integrity, but they didn't work. To this date I am having this problem with cursor, youtube and downloaded videos lagging.

I have a notebook HP Pavillion 15 with two AMD Radeon graphics cards: HD 8400 / R3 Series, HD 8600M Series. If I disable one of the them, lag disappears. However, I need both.

So I used the AMD clean up utility from safe mode to remove all the drivers, I looked for the autodetect installer from the website but it downloaded the Adrenalin Software 19.2.3. I installed it and the drivers were succesfully but even now, my laptop lags and stutters to unbearable levels, unless I disable on of the two graphics cards.

However by disabling one or the other controller, I can't run video games and use an HDMI for viewing movies/series in the TV.

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks for any assistance!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@pauza
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Let's try Accessing Radeon Settings Gaming Options: 

• To access these options open AMD Radeon Settings by right clicking on your desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings.
  • Click on the Gaming Tab.
  • Click on Global Settings. choose your options.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for answering.

I already tried every posible configurations of AMD radeon settings buy the problem is still there.

HP Recommended

@pauza

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I’m having the same problem. The unique solution that encountred is goes back to the 18.5.1 version of AMD Radeon and the cursor options: show trace of pointer. Greetings.

HP Recommended

Hey i made video for this. I have same notebook and my dual/switchable graphics works! I am sorry, but video is in czech. Tomorrow i want to dab to English and just follow my steps. Today without sound or tomorrow with sound.

Link: Jak aktivovat AMD DUÁLNÍ GRAFICKÉ KARTY!!! 100% FUNGUJE!!! FPS BOOST!!! AMD Adrenalin 2019 - YouTube 

HP Recommended

Regged just to say thank you very much for this solution to this bizarre issue that you'd think they'd fixed by now.

HP Recommended

Hey there,

I was facing the same issue.

After hours spending on troubleshooting I did three things.

1. Disable in Windows that drivers should be all the time automatically installed from Windows Update

2. Use DDU to completly uninstall all drivers (you have to do it from the Safe Mode)

3. Download the HP Support Assist and let it install the drivers 

After that I have the both graphic working fine, no lags.

Hope it will help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.