Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP r264dx laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had Cyberlink Power2Go 14 on my computer which worked perfectly in early 2016. Today, I went to the HP software update site and downloaded the newer late 2016 version because it said it would fix something. NOW, I CANNOT do any burning or other stuff because it tells me I am using a LITE version. I want my version back that came with my laptop...PLEASE, PLEASE. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@chashot

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

There are a few reasons the recovery manager isn't available, example: if you've accidentally removed it while making changes to your windows such as upgrading/Downgrading the OS, interrupting updates causing corruption, etc..

That said, the best way to get the recovery manager back is by performing a recovery on your computer: Click here and ensure a backup is done before you do so that you loose any personal information.

If you haven't created a recovery media on your own, you could always purchase one online: Click here for details.

And when you perform a recovery the Cyberlink would also be reinstalled as a part of the OEM.

Also to answer your question, there's no such "written statement" we could provide in such scenarios.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@chashot

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand you wish to know how to reinstall the Cyberlink that was originally installed on the computer at the factory,

And since you've already provided all the details I could have asked for, I'll get straight to the point:

Use the following steps to reinstall original software or drivers.

1. In Windows, search for and open HP Recovery Manager.

If prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. If prompted by User Account Control to allow the program to make changes to the computer, click Yes.

2. Under Help, click Reinstall drivers and/or applications and wait for Recovery Manager to generate a list.

3. Select the checkbox next to the drivers you want to reinstall.

4. Scroll down to the list of applications.

Click here for more steps and details.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There is NO HP recovery manager on my system. I also searched HP. com and there is NO download for that program. I did find some on the web, but they are not from HP from I could immediately see.

When I go to the HP folder under Win10 Start, I only see HP Support Assistant, and that offers no assistant on that subject. UGH.

HP Recommended

I got this from Cyberlink after I posted my problem:

"If you cannot find you OEM version listed in your OEM manufacturer's website, then, I would suggest you to contact their Technical Support team to retrieve the software.

If for some reason, you do not get any help from the OEM manufacturer support, then, please ask them for the written statement for no support and send it to us, so that, we can escalate it further to resolve your issue."

Is it possible to get an official "written statement" from HP?

HP Recommended

@chashot

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

There are a few reasons the recovery manager isn't available, example: if you've accidentally removed it while making changes to your windows such as upgrading/Downgrading the OS, interrupting updates causing corruption, etc..

That said, the best way to get the recovery manager back is by performing a recovery on your computer: Click here and ensure a backup is done before you do so that you loose any personal information.

If you haven't created a recovery media on your own, you could always purchase one online: Click here for details.

And when you perform a recovery the Cyberlink would also be reinstalled as a part of the OEM.

Also to answer your question, there's no such "written statement" we could provide in such scenarios.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. I do have an original backup set, but that would be too labor intensive because of the additional programs I would have to download and update, e.g. Office 360, and non-HP programs. 

I will use my Cyberlink burning software on my desktop until I can find a freebie or purchase some cheaper software just for burning for the laptop, since the other parts of Cyberlink are ok.

Thanks, again.

HP Recommended

@chashot

Thank you for replying and notifying that you've accepted a solution,

As it would help others find similar assistance,

I'm glad I could help you find a conclusion.

In fact, to put a smile back on your face I didn't some research and found this alternate software you can install instead,

Here's a related HP Forums post of one our brilliant experts that seem to have helped many others: Click here

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.