Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Apparently not this webmaster or this company that is in Bed with M$.
HP Recommended

Hi Videobruce

Wanted to reach out and at least commiserate with you concerning the browser incompatibility. As I'm sure you know, this issue is across so many web-sites and the industry is trying to keep up with what is the standard browser. Personally, I prefer Chrome and love how extensible it is, but am frustrated by issues on a regular basis.

These frustrations as I'm sure you've realized are not just here on the HP Forum, but in many websites. We continually strive for better compatability of browsers and it is part of the QA process for each release of software here. The industry is getting better, but as long as there are multiple browsers available, and 1 that over 65% of the public uses, there will be issues.

I know this isn't an answer, but I've gotten used to having both IE as well as FF and Chrome ready to use. I will sometimes use all 3 within a short period of time trying to get the best experience. I feel for you. I'm in the same boat.

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended
I agree with Garen. It's difficult to choose between following the web standards and rendering the page correctly on the most widely used browser. It's hard to see this changing soon unless a majority of IE users switch to another browser.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
HP Recommended

I see that the webmasters have restored Opera compatibility on the forums. I now get the Board options, plug carriage returns are parsed correctly.

Thanks guys! Appreciate this gesture!

HP Recommended

Yep, it's working here. Question is, why was it turned off in the 1st place??

Thanks.

HP Recommended

And the forum sees my paragraphs as it should of. :generic:

HP Recommended

@videobruce wrote:

Yep, it's working here. Question is, why was it turned off in the 1st place??

Thanks.

Not sure why it was turned off. Maybe it was a browser-sniffing script written into the website code that caused this. Either way, I'm glad it was taken care of. Kudos to the people who took care of it!

PS: Almost everything seems to be working, including Quoting a post and Macros too. 😄

HP Recommended
It seems like the issues have crept back. I'm unable to quote msgs, and don't get the menus for Board Options, etc.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.