Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idrgh0434
Level 1
13 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Does Loyalty Account for Anything Any More?

HP Recommended

I purchased my first HP notebook back in early 2008 prior to starting my own business. Since then, I’ve been a loyal customer and purchased only HP products - another 10 Notebooks as well as 4 Printers and 6 Monitors. I’ve had nothing but praise for Hewett Packard and believe HP would be hard pressed to find a greater ambassador for their brand. While superior design, quality build and innovation were contributing factors, it was the standard of after sales support that has been perhaps the greatest reason for my continued loyalty.

However, my recent experiences with faulty products has tested both my loyalty and confidence in the HP brand. It was only after the response I recently received about a faulty Monitor that I purchased one from a competitor.

The matter relates to a new HP Z Display Z34c Curved Monitor I purchased directly from HP In July 2017. I purchased the Monitor along with a new HP EliteBook 1040 G3 Notebook PC. In the 15 months that followed the HP EliteBook 1040 G3 Notebook was replaced 3 times due to major faults and when the 3rd replacement was unable to connect to the monitor and suffered a hard drive failure after just 2 weeks HP agreed to accept its return for a full credit on the condition that I purchased a new HP Z Book Studio G4 and paid the difference. I did as requested and paid HP in advance for the new Z Book and then waiting weeks to receive the credit for the returned EliteBook. I was unaware that the case regarding the Monitor had been closed by the HP Support Centre without consultation.

However, HP delivered the new Z Book by mistake to Perth and it took 3 weeks for it to be found. When it finally arrived it too was unable to connect to the monitor. When I contacted the HP Support Center again about the faulty Monitor I was then told the original case had been closed and a new case had to be opened. Despite all manner of trouble shooting the problem could not be fixed. Then, after considerable communication about the amount paid for the Monitor and the fact the problems began just weeks over 12 months (the warranty period) HP agreed to replace the HP Z Display Z34c Curved Monitor. To my surprise the replacement was not new, but second hand and it arrived in January 2019. When in July 2020 it suddenly stopped working I called the HP Support Centre and was told nothing could be done because the warranty period was well and truly passed. I provided the full history of the original Z Display Z34c Curved Monitor and the replacement (Serial Numbers along with the relevant Case Numbers) so the matter could be escalated. I received a follow up call and was told my details had been passed to the Sales Department who would contact me and I should approach them for a possible discount on a new Monitor purchase. Despite expressing the urgency of the matter it was another 2 weeks before anyone contacted me. In the meantime I had no choice but to purchase a new curved Monitor from a competitive brand.

To add insult to injury, it was while on the phone to the HP Support Centre about a faulty Printer that the second HP Z Display Z34c Curved Monitor ceased working. I was told the fault with the Printer was unrepairable and purchased the HP Officejet Pro 9200 as recommended. The new Printer was delivered over a week ago and I am unable to print double sided documents and am still waiting for help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,111 2,619 4,011
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@idrgh0434 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation