Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP HAS RELEASED THE OS UPDATE FOR THIS TABLET. IT IS RUNNING AND CONFIRMED ON MY DEVICE. I HAD TO FIGURE IT OUT MYSELF. PLEASE READ BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING ELSE OR EXTERNAL SOURCES! THE UPDATE FILE IS FROM HP'S WEBSITE.

WELL figured it out myself - I just had to drag and drop the .zip into the INTERNAL storage of my hp 7 PLUS TABLET 1302. FOR ANYONE THAT HAS THIS TABLET AND WANT TO UPDATE TO KITKAT HERE ARE MY DIRECTIONS:

Go to the hp drivers and support page - fill out the EXACT model of your HP 7 PLUS Tablet before continuing.

Click update then go to drivers - There should be 2 files of the same name - KitKay restore image and other text. One is for US while the other is for other countries.

Select to download and let hp download its download app so that it downloads the zip file.

Wait for it to download...When complete:

Connect your tablet to your pc. Since HP was a bit LAZY and didn't correct the External SD card bug when in recovery mode, you HAVE to move the zip into your INTERNAL MEMORY.

Once that is done, MAKE SURE YOUR BATTERY IS ABOVE 30%

Turn off the tablet. By the way when you do this your data will be wiped. PLEASE BACK IT UP!

Hold down "+" and the power button until the little andoird icon appears.

Using the "+" and "-" buttons, go to "install update from internal memory" or however your version of the 7 plus explains it as. Press the power button to select it.

The zip file should be the first one to select. Select it and it will start stage 1 of the update.
Let it update. It will reboot into recovery mode. Repear the last step to go to stage 2

After the above you will notice that YOUR RECOVERY MODE HAS BEEN UPDATED TO 4.4. * (Kit kat) Repeat the step as before and stage 3 will now begin. It will take a bit longer.

A complete message will appear and your options will show up again.

NOW go to wipe/factory reset and wipe all data - select to confirm and let it wipe. Reboot. The tablet will take a bit to boot up. Now your tablet is updated to Kit Kat. THIS ONLY APPLIES TO HP 7 PLUS TABLET, NOT SLATE.

I am VERY disappointed with the support forums. I expected better from hp. Wow just wow...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Support Forums are "mislabeled" in my opinion. They are NOT staffed by HP Support personnel.

All responses are from users of HP products. An HP employee may reply to a message or question trying to help and assist, but they do so ONLY as a user and not an HP employee.

Everyone here is really trying to help everyone else out. There are moderators that can escallate problems to appropiate channels via email.

Thank you for posting your solution to KitKat upgrade. This is hat this forum is for 😉

regards,

Louis

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.