Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have found that if you refresh a post, it increases the viewcount by 1. Surely, this shouldn't happen. I have found many websites that have this same problem and others that don't have the problem. It makes it possible to artificially increase the popularity of a post. I don't know if it does the same thing if you refresh a post that isn't your own but it is something that should probably be looked into...

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have generated 56 views for the post in the space of a minute. If anyone tells me this isn't an issue, then they're either high or are stupid

HP Recommended

Yes, I've noticed this too, long ago.

But I never look at the views for any posts, so I don't really care.

Unless it skews the search results.

> I don't know if it does the same thing if you refresh a post that isn't your own

Yes, all posts in a topic get incremented.

HP Recommended
@Dennis_Handly shouldn't this be something HP would want to fix? Considering how easily I managed to generate views? What if a Bot is deployed to generate masses of views for someone's post?
HP Recommended

Again, who is looking at the view count and why would they care?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.