Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HELP!!  What do I need to do to cancel my HP SmartFriend Service? I am past my required 12 months of payments and want to cancel the service. I thought a simple phone call would do it. However, in the past 2 weeks I have made numerous calls to the number I was given when I signed up. The tech people there gave me 3 different case numbers. Each time I called they promised that I would be called back within a couple days to complete the process. None of those phone calls ever came.  The time for one was even scheduled as an appointment. I tried calling the sales division thinking if they handled the sale they could handle the cancellation. I got another case number and another promise I would be called. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told no customer is ever allowed to speak directly to a supervisor. What do I do to get the charges on my credit card stopped?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@das8

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

This is a peer-to-peer community comprised volunteer HP enthusiasts.

We are not a direct conduit to HP Technical Support, nor are we affiliated directly with any HP services, contracts, or partner services.

I can offer the following...

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

HP Services - Smart Friend

I do not know which number you called -- the second number is listed for "already a service customer":

Then call 1-866-211-5207, option 1, and then option 1 again for Technical Support.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

From HP SmartFriend Subscription - Plans Terms & Conditions

For more information, contact our technical support center at 1-800-474-6836

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

"The fine print"... for customers in the USA and Canada:

HP SmartFriend Services Terms and Conditions (US and Canada)

This document is perhaps worth the read -- search for keyword "cancel".

Understand that this document, like any found on the Internet as a result of a casual search, is not your service agreement -- this information is provided as a courtesy to give you an idea of what options may be available / applicable to your situation.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

HP SmartFriend Complete 6 month Plan

At the bottom of this page you will find a "Contact Us" icon -- chat, call, email...

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@das8

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

This is a peer-to-peer community comprised volunteer HP enthusiasts.

We are not a direct conduit to HP Technical Support, nor are we affiliated directly with any HP services, contracts, or partner services.

I can offer the following...

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

HP Services - Smart Friend

I do not know which number you called -- the second number is listed for "already a service customer":

Then call 1-866-211-5207, option 1, and then option 1 again for Technical Support.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

From HP SmartFriend Subscription - Plans Terms & Conditions

For more information, contact our technical support center at 1-800-474-6836

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

"The fine print"... for customers in the USA and Canada:

HP SmartFriend Services Terms and Conditions (US and Canada)

This document is perhaps worth the read -- search for keyword "cancel".

Understand that this document, like any found on the Internet as a result of a casual search, is not your service agreement -- this information is provided as a courtesy to give you an idea of what options may be available / applicable to your situation.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

HP SmartFriend Complete 6 month Plan

At the bottom of this page you will find a "Contact Us" icon -- chat, call, email...

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

The 800-474-6836 number is the one that worked to solve the problem. However, even then I had to guess my way through a menu with many choices (none of which mentioned problems with SmartFriend Assistance) to get connected to a tech person who could/would escalate the problem to a case manager. The case manager told me that my subscription is now cancelled and I should see the appropriate refund on my credit card statement in 5 business days.

HP Recommended

@das8

Good news, then.

I hope it works out to your satisfaction.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I am going thru this too right now!  It is so frustrating that I am almost ready to end my relationship with HP and I have been a loyal customer for years.  First off, Smart Friend has alot of background noise and the techs would give me instruction and then a few minutes later when I would say that I was done, they would not still be on the line!  They made numerous attempts to get on my computer remotely to fix it.....they were NEVER successful.  i have a small home business.  After several days with no computer, and making numerous calls to them, I finally got other help and was back up and running.  Now I cant get them to cancel  my subscription or call me back as they say they will!  HP is not doing themselves any favor by being affiliated with these so called computer repair people!

Very frustrated!!!!!

HP Recommended

I too am trying to cancel my HP Smart Friend and am also about to say goodbye to my relationship with HP for good!  With many printers & HP desktop computers that I purchase for work, I am seriously thinking of switching brands. 

How can they make it so easy to sign up for this service and a nighmare to try to cancel it?  Why isn't the ability to cancel online?  Why does it require providing information that has no relevancy to my canceling?  Why does it require a call back from a manager in the next 24-72 hours to cancel?  HP - you need to get rid of this!  No wonder your stock is taking such a hit!

HP Recommended

Were you ever able to unsubscribe? I have just started the process and am very frusrated. The link to unsubsribe in my monthly "thank you for subscribing" email is a dead link. I try to cancel my cc# in my account on their website, and it's faded out.  I was also given a case number, but they made no promises.  

This is terrible!  I will post on FB, Twitter, Instagram and everywhere else a description of this terrible service.   People have to be warned about this.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.