Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi! Wondering if there is a way to attach a zip file. I use the PSR feature in W7 to record how to do things. Example "How to use Relibity Monitor"  This site doesn't seem to except zip files. I know they can contain viruses, but was wondering if there was a way to attach a zip file. The PSR is a great way to teach members how to do tasks and to aid in solving a problem.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-use-the-problem-steps-recorder-in-windows-7.html

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you use one of the many free cloud file storage services, most have options to provide a public link to your file.

DropBox is one I use often, since I have support files that used to exist on the old Palm servers, but are now missing.

I type the link directly to the file here, and a user can grab it.  DropBox gives you a "Public" folder for files you wish to share.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If you use one of the many free cloud file storage services, most have options to provide a public link to your file.

DropBox is one I use often, since I have support files that used to exist on the old Palm servers, but are now missing.

I type the link directly to the file here, and a user can grab it.  DropBox gives you a "Public" folder for files you wish to share.

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended

HI WyreNut! Thank you for your quick responce. I down loaded Dropbox and read the help file 4 times.  I still didn't know what I was doing.  I guess I just won't be attaching  any Zip files to my replies for now. It's hard for us old people to learn new things.

I never had a problem attaching Zip files before. I can email them; and attach them on other forums. Thank you for your help. You are appreciated. I will mark this as solved and give you a kudo.

Thank You!

Dokie!

HP Recommended

Dokie :

You need to "Upload" the file to DropBox and use the Folder named "Public" as the destination.

Once the file is there, you can tap on it, select "Share", then tap "Copy link". (These instructions are for an Android tablet). Using a computer is similar.

For example, here is a link to the "How to use the Public Folder" text file in my Public folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/njuhw4rs9422e5c/How%20to%20use%20the%20Public%20folder.txt

This way, you don't have to attach a large file to emails anymore! Just send a friend the link instead.

Thanks for the Kudo!

WyreNut

HP Recommended

Hi Very nice! I may try it later. Thanks for your reply!

Dokie!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.