Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the problem of posting a post in this forum. The following error message appears continously:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

I'm using firefox 18.0.2 

I posted this reply using IE 10.

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For what it's worth - I've seen this error reported to me also, and I entered no HTML into the post.

The "edited" post looked exactly as what I typed.

Don't worry about it.  Thanks for reporting it, but just go ahead and post the results.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you use any "fancy" layout such as using color, bold, italic .... and copy anything then paste to the message ? Normally just click Post again and it will fix itself.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I had no HTML in the message.  The message is below in case it is needed for investigation

I have a Photosmart B209a.  I have just installed Windows 8 64  bit.

I downloaded and executed the Windows 8 software for product and driver PS_AIO_06_B209a-m_140_408.

The extraction worked properly.  It then began the installation process.  Upon clicking install, the installing window opened and it began perfromin the system sheck.  About 10 seconds in, the whole window simply disappears.  There is no error message.

When I check the Task Manager, there is nothing left running.

I have tried several scenarios:

Reboot, turn off AVG anti-virus and firewall, re-execute --  no joy

Reboot, turn off AVG, close all applications in the tray,, re-execute    no joy

Re-download the software - just in case -  redo step 2    no joy.

I have run out of options.  Does any have any ideas I could try?

Thanks

Brian

HP Recommended

For what it's worth - I've seen this error reported to me also, and I entered no HTML into the post.

The "edited" post looked exactly as what I typed.

Don't worry about it.  Thanks for reporting it, but just go ahead and post the results.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

i am getting the same errors too on ff and other browsers as well too on some of them but also im getting this so annoyingly is the request too large and i have to shut down the browser and relog

and i have to do this like 10x but this is making it harder for me to read and support if this error keeps up and then taking me longer to do

im guessing it  is the cached problem

i do not know if it is on hp or the lithium or us

but since last last year of the lithium update has be causing a lot of errors and still not being fix and this is long over due still

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
HP Recommended

if there is a way i can recached my end please tell me so i dont have to shut the browser and relog

i dont have a lot going on and should not have been a cache crashed  in the start with

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
HP Recommended

Hi rickp,

I'm sorry that you're having difficulty using the forums 😞 Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  We're aware of the problem and are looking for a resolution, but for now clearing the cache seems to be the only workaround.  I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

SedonaF

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.