Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear Sirs,

In 2002 I bought a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop and wanted to just send an email to you and to those at compaq to say what a great computer this has been. You see, this laptop has been dropped out of my old carrying case a few times, has been knocked off of customers decks (when i used to work for a local cable company helping customers set up their broadband connections) has fallen off of saw horses at constructions sites, has been rained on, has had pepsi spilled on the keyboard and just sunday night had half a cup of coffee spilled down through the vents on the back, accidentally by one of my customers. In the past 9 years i sent it back once for a minor problem right after I got it, I took it apart to fix the plastic housing for the power connection, then took it apart again and hard wired a the power cord directly to it because the plastic housing fell apart. Oh and i replaced the battery once. In short, this laptop has been through hell. I have used Gateway and Dell laptops in the past with various companies I have worked for, but quickly opted for my compaq workhorse.

I wanted to send you all a note, thanking you for such a long lasting and durable computer. I thought when the coffee got knocked over into the laptop this weekend (the lap top was standing on end between the seats of my cab) that it was shot. In fact at first it would not power up at all, then the next day i tried it again and it powered right up, but the screen was dead. Today though, it is working like a champ. The only negative issue I have ever had with this computer is it gets really hot.

When i am able to save up and buy a new laptop, it will definitely be another hp/compaq. I figure my luck is slowly running out with this one and of course with everything that has happened to it over the years it is just slow (not to mention outdated), but hopefully in the next 6 month or so, i will be getting a new one.

Again, thank you so much for the many years this poor abused laptop has endured like a champ!

Bob Howard

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Dear Bob,

I worked for HP for more than 4 years and I have got many good feedbacks for HP/Compaq.  And trust me, your feedback is one among the best feedbacks......

We really feel happy when we get a feedback like yours..

Thanks again for chooisng HP as your trusted brand.

Regards....

Mukrams

***Click on “Kudos” STAR which is on the left to say thanks!***

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.