Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop PC 14-eb0000 (167S1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I have tried to contact HP support multiple times in the past 3 weeks. 

My laptop arrived faulty (trackpad), I didn't notice the fault within the 14 day return window because I was using an external mouse. I went through the motions with the social media support and did bios updates etc. The problem still persists. 

I was offered a repair by Elcare Nordic - this is absolutely not a reputable company. Please humour yourselves by looking at the reviews of this company. 

Condering that the laptop arrived faulty, I should be entitled to a replacement. However, HP support is now ghosting me. I get no response on social media (Whatsapp/Twitter/etc.) and no response via email. What are my options?! I have already reported this company to trading standards, but I am now at a loss of what to do next. Any ideas? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Charlotte88_ 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

We cannot intervene with HP Support -- and we never respond to comments about having reported HP (or any company) to any authorities.  Why?  There is no point and our Community does not speak for HP.

Not sure about "Ghosting" -- perhaps the Warranty Repair process is different in your region.

Where I am located, we submit a case to HP for Warranty repair.

Registered Devices in Warranty:  Select a method and contact HP Support…

Open website  HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

I've never been ghosted -- I guess it's possible.

I have been told No -- not the same thing, of course.

What can the Community do?

Not much - already said: 

You've moved beyond the scope of our Community having reported the company to the authorities.

I can -- and will - pass along your concern to our moderator team for Review and possible Escalation.

Request for Review – Please Read

I have submitted a request to our Community moderators for review and possible escalation of your question.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is a user group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) to receive a response from HP is not controlled by the Community.

Important

• Do not contact phone or email posted in a public or private message from “new” members.
  • Please do not post any personal information in the Community.  We are a public resource.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Charlotte88_

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.