Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, perhaps this is a purely aesthetic question, but here goes...

I'm aware that different forums and boards on websites use a wide variety of software to setup the community interface. At school, I've used Moodle, Angel Learning, and Open CourseWare. At other places online I've become aware of names like vBulletin, phpBB, Joomla, etc.; even Wiki software, I guess, as seen in the (in)famous Wikipedia and WikiLeaks platforms, is yet another form of "Social Web" interaction in what's being called the 2.0 era. I'm not a programmer or anything, and so I wouldn't even know how to implement this, but a passer-by ("lurker," I guess, is the word?) with an artistic viewpoint who's just now starting to seriously delve into this type of atmosphere. So my question is also a comment that relates to something I recently tried to do here on the boards, which is to have an external link listed in another color besides the standard blue. What forum software does HP use (if it's permissible to disclose, and not a "Leak" as mentioned above!), and is it possible to have links coded in whatever color the user/poster might want in the message? Specifically, I was trying to include an external link to an Ethernet cable sold at Staples that I'd need to hook up my printer(s). One is red, and the other black, and both are essentially the same product, but I just wanted to distinguish them somehow in-text. I ended up putting the color name in parentheses instead.

If it's not possible, at least at this point, I'd like to make a suggestion to the programmer or team that develops the software, which maybe the HP "Mods" or experts can pass along for the next updated version. Maybe it's just my computer; I have a lot of blocking software and Firefox security addons installed, to keep mischievous/technically "inept" in-house users away from, say, White House dot com (talk about working "blue" - that's one link that gets a /kick /ban right away)!

Just a quick note of "feedback" as the category states above :generic:

Pavilion dm1z-2100: 5 GB RAM; 500 GB HD
Audio: IDT HD Audio
Wireless: Broadcom BCM4315; Wired: Atheros AR8121
Graphics: AMD / ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
Storage: AMD 780G Chipset; AMD SB700 Southbridge
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This forum is "Powered by Lithium" as indicated in the link at the bottom right of the page.

You could used a different color for links, but it might confuse folks who are expecting blue.

For example:  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Forum-Feedback-and-Suggestions/Possible-to-put-links-in-a-color-other-t...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Forum-Feedback-and-Suggestions/Possible-to-put-links-in-a-color-other-t...

or here and here and here.

After you make a link you could just highlight the text and then select a different color.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This forum is "Powered by Lithium" as indicated in the link at the bottom right of the page.

You could used a different color for links, but it might confuse folks who are expecting blue.

For example:  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Forum-Feedback-and-Suggestions/Possible-to-put-links-in-a-color-other-t...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Forum-Feedback-and-Suggestions/Possible-to-put-links-in-a-color-other-t...

or here and here and here.

After you make a link you could just highlight the text and then select a different color.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thanks Bob. It might just be my computer settings. As I said, there is a lot of blocking software that I can't really disable, because this is a shared computer on which other (younger) household members will pretty much grab at any new game that pops up as the first result on Google...or the decidedly non-governmental link that I mentioned briefly before :Wink:

Pavilion dm1z-2100: 5 GB RAM; 500 GB HD
Audio: IDT HD Audio
Wireless: Broadcom BCM4315; Wired: Atheros AR8121
Graphics: AMD / ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
Storage: AMD 780G Chipset; AMD SB700 Southbridge
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.